Dynamic Wing Mirror Indicator Install

Aware this is the A3 forum, but does anybody have an issue with these lights being much dimmer when the engine isn't running? I've fitted mind today, with the engine running they're great, as soon as the engine isn't running even with the ignition on they're very dim, one even more so than the other.
Yet to see what they do when start-stop is engaged.

Numerous places aliexpress is where i got mine from if you are prepared to wait for them to be shipped, though you can now get them from eBay or Amazon at inflated prices ....

www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-a5-dynamic-turn-signal.html

mine came from this shop

www.autoaux.aliexpress.com/store/607693?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.d3087d9eA5AiAx
It's pain now ordering from aliex.. I was waiting for items like 2n half months almost 3 and half of it didn't arrive they had to refund..

I just ordered a pair as one of my originals is cracked and needed replacement,grand total of £15.50 including delivery!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
So today I installed the frosted/clear version again bought from Aliexpress.

They were £56.17 they avalible here :

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...nal-Indicator-S3-2013/607693_32902509094.html

View attachment 162586

They seem to be better quality then the smoked ones, but only because there is no mold defect.

They are brighter but not quite a colour match to the factory indicators, they do however have an led that can be seen in the mirror to indicate the indicator is active.

View attachment 162588

Videos below

One of each (passenger side is frosted/clear, drivers side is smoked)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ing65da04pai94w/One of Each.m4v?dl=0

Both frosted/clear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dltisunaw7swx7y/Frosted.m4v?dl=0

I prefer the frosted/clear and will be keeping them, if only because of the indicator indicator =)

I will be posting the smoked set for sale shortly PM me if you are interested.
@jrumball Do you still prefer the clear/frosted ones?

The clear ones I bought are brighter and also still have the indication for the driver on their side of the wing mirror, i think if you have a black and white car the dark ones will look better though ...
@jrumball Well I’ve got a black car but I would prefer the driver indication as well

@jrumball Well I’ve got a black car but I would prefer the driver indication as well

you may be able to get them with both nowadays haven’t really looked for 18 months the Osram ones defiantly have both so I guess the Chinese ones probably do now as they will come from the same factory...

Yes they both have the indicator,the link I posted above in the description it links to the clear also.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Why are you doing all this work when you are saving or waiting to get a Dodge R/T from USA ?
I thought you just needed a run around?

These mods you are doing will not see the return come sale time.

Things that will see a return and more money for a Audi are:

1. Rear camera or sensors - About £450 for camera
2. Front sensors - About £250ish
3. Cruise Control / ACC
4. Hill Hold - Cheap to install - About £140.00 + VCDS coding
5. Refurb good quality rims that are not damaged
6. Leather heated seats - Expensive to install if you dont have it.
7. Sunroof - Obviously must come standard
8. Climate Control - But very expensive to install if its not fitted

I am sure there are a few more, but the parking sensors will be the best investment.
DJ Alex installs the rear camera for about £450 and you will see this money back come sale time

Why are you doing all this work when you are saving or waiting to get a Dodge R/T from USA ?
I thought you just needed a run around?

These mods you are doing will not see the return come sale time.

Things that will see a return and more money for a Audi are:

1. Rear camera or sensors - About £450 for camera
2. Front sensors - About £250ish
3. Cruise Control / ACC
4. Hill Hold - Cheap to install - About £140.00 + VCDS coding
5. Refurb good quality rims that are not damaged
6. Leather heated seats - Expensive to install if you dont have it.
7. Sunroof - Obviously must come standard
8. Climate Control - But very expensive to install if its not fitted

I am sure there are a few more, but the parking sensors will be the best investment.
DJ Alex installs the rear camera for about £450 and you will see this money back come sale time
I need to replace the mirror indicators anyway as there are a few dead LEDs on both sides.

Ah makes sense then to do the sweeping ones.
Keep it basic as you wont get your money back unless you put some parking sensors in, that will 100% add value.

I am doing front sensors and rear camera and hill hold, thats about it, oh and a stage 1 map to get it to 200bhp

Ah makes sense then to do the sweeping ones.
Keep it basic as you wont get your money back unless you put some parking sensors in, that will 100% add value.

I am doing front sensors and rear camera and hill hold, thats about it, oh and a stage 1 map to get it to 200bhp
I'm not trying to add value though. I'm just doing a few things that need done/I like.