Dynamic Steering Gone

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Just looked on the Audi Uk configurator website and there is now no option for 'Dynamic Steering'

So is it included free of charge with an S5 now or have they dropped it as an option, and if so why?

Did it go the same way as the heated steering wheel?

Interesting not one comment on the fact that Audi have removed the dynamic steering option from the confgurator given the amount of pointless repetitive crap discussed on this forum

This forum is slower paced than other marques i have been part of over the last 20 years

Shame, the B9 A4 forum is more lively. I didn't really like the sound of the Dynamic Steering. Just seemed like it tightened up the steering column to "increase" feel, still would seem unnatural. Although I would like to hear someones opinion who has the option.

Those who have it seem to rave about it, it can automatically counter steer as well if you get in trouble so is a safety system as well

I never specced it and never tried it. Everyone I spoke to and people on forums said don't get it so I assume it's not a big seller? I have the adaptive suspension and sports diff though! Those I can recommend. Steering isn't bad at all as standard imho.

I didn't spec it either but would have been interested to drive a demo car with it but they didn't have one, I also have the adaptive that's a must have on 19" wheels I think and I like that when you just want to cruise the comfort setting is sublime, don't have the diff,i thought about it but spent the money on a sunroof instead!

Just looked on the Audi Uk configurator website and there is now no option for 'Dynamic Steering'

So is it included free of charge with an S5 now or have they dropped it as an option, and if so why?

Did it go the same way as the heated steering wheel?
Quite often options come and go from the configurator for no other reason but they forget to program it correctly...

I tend to listen to actual owners on forums more than car journos who often have agendas

Thought the steering bit formed part of one of the driver assistance packs

You can spec the items individually in many markets including the UK