Dynamic Pack ...Yaay or Naay?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
So I bought a Daytona Grey Sportback Vorsprung from Broker for over the odds. But I have a life limiting health condition so time >money.

The car has turned up at the UK port and the broker has found out that the original purchaser had added the Dynamic Pack after agreeing to sell the car and didn't notify them.

I have no need for Ceramics (I will never track the car), 180mph or the sports exhaust (I would actually prefer quieter for motorway cruising and use ASR if I'm in the mood).

I've been offered the car for another £4k which would probably make it the most expensive RS3 going.

I'm inclined to just walk away and take my chances with finding another Daytona Grey which I know isn't going to be easy. Green, Blue, Red. No worries. But DG is the colour for me.

What would you guys do?

Anyone got any experience of the Dynamic Pack.

I'll probably never sell the car so resale value isn't an issue.

Thoughts welcome.

• Wow
Reactions: cooperp and Jassyo06
So I bought a Daytona Grey Sportback Vorsprung from Broker for over the odds. But I have a life limiting health condition so time >money.

The car has turned up at the UK port and the broker has found out that the original purchaser had added the Dynamic Pack after agreeing to sell the car and didn't notify them.

I have no need for Ceramics (I will never track the car), 180mph or the sports exhaust (I would actually prefer quieter for motorway cruising and use ASR if I'm in the mood).

I've been offered the car for another £4k which would probably make it the most expensive RS3 going.

I'm inclined to just walk away and take my chances with finding another Daytona Grey which I know isn't going to be easy. Green, Blue, Red. No worries. But DG is the colour for me.

What would you guys do?

Thoughts welcome.
Looks like there will be a few Daytona Sportbacks at the docks with Dynamic Packs since mine is there too! Haha.

Honestly I think that the decision is down to whether you want to pay for them. They will likely outlast the time you have the car, put almost zero brake dust on the wheels and are there when you want the performance. Those are the positives for me.

On the negatives side, they're expensive to initially buy and if something does go wrong with a disk then you're in for a very hefty bill.

So basically, it's as I say - if you are happy paying for them then go for it otherwise it could be a hugely long time before you see a car, but if not then you can save some cash.

Oh, and the RS Sports Exhaust comes with the Vorsprung spec level anyway, so you'll just need to make sure the ASR isn't open on those cruises. Haha.

Reactions: Alan Oliver and IanL-RS3

What would you guys do?

Thoughts welcome.

What's the price are you paying is key question.. I'm guessing it's an order that was placed last year so price wise same order would be 3/4 more expensive if one was to place a new order now..

Also apologies for your health issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanL-RS3
Sorry to hear about your condition Ian. I went for the DP as in my experience (8V RS3 then B9 RS4) the standard Audi brakes are totally unfit for purpose even on the road. Useless.

TX.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Extremely helpful.

I know you guys have been waiting for much longer than me, but having been told the car was here then to find out that it wasn't the car I ordered etc, reminded me of all those Christmases where I got duped by my dad with the fake rubbish present before getting the bike etc...... so I was trying to reconcile next summer for the car.....

But then Christmas came early... I got the bike.....I've been offered the Dynamic Pack for £1k more which I've gone for because using maneconmics* makes my car 'cheaper' and I feel better about the price I'm paying for my car now! I should buy a lottery ticket. I have to thank the broker (Kevin at Overton) because I'm sure he didn't have to offer me that. And could have easily sold the car for a few k more than I'm paying.

*Even the wife said go for it!

So I guess I need to figure out somewhere in Scotland to go 180mph!!

Thanks again for your help.

As for my health. I'm still here. I'm one of the 12% who got to 5 years with stage 4 bowel cancer (you will have heard of Dame Deborah James who passed recently) So I'm very lucky. It has also led me to enjoy life and work less. So that's a huge positive. And I'm buying an RS3 so extremely lucky. Some people are looking at the £2500 fuel cap with total dread. I really feel for those people.

Anyways back to finding bits for the new car!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vans, Joey Slats, WilsonRS and 5 others
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Extremely helpful.

I know you guys have been waiting for much longer than me, but having been told the car was here then to find out that it wasn't the car I ordered etc, reminded me of all those Christmases where I got duped by my dad with the fake rubbish present before getting the bike etc so I trying to reconcile next summer for the car.....

But Christmas came early... I got the bike.....I've been offered the Dynamic Pack for £1k more which I've gone for because using maneconmics* makes my car 'cheaper' and I feel better about the price I'm paying for my car now! I should buy a lottery ticket. I have to thank the broker (Kevin at Overton) because I'm sure he didn't have to offer me that. And could have easily sold the car for a few k more than I'm paying.

*Even the wife said go for it!

So I guess I need to figure out somewhere in Scotland to go 180mph!!

Thanks again for your help.

As for my health. I'm still here. I'm one of the 12% who got to 5 years with stage 4 bowel cancer (you will have heard of Dame Deborah James who passed recently) So I'm very lucky. It has also led me to enjoy life and work less. So that's a huge positive. And I'm buying an RS3 so extremely lucky. Some people are looking at the £2500 fuel cap with total dread. I really feel for those people.

Anyways back to finding bits for the new car!
Really glad that you managed to get it for a better price than first expected when you found out, that's really good of the broker to actually help you out a bit. :)

Where in Scotland are you, I'm up in Aberdeen so could be fun to get the two Daytona Dynamic Sportbacks together!

Reactions: 8YARWY
Really glad that you managed to get it for a better price than first expected when you found out, that's really good of the broker to actually help you out a bit. :)

Where in Scotland are you, I'm up in Aberdeen so could be fun to get the two Daytona Dynamic Sportbacks together!
Thanks.

I'm in Glasgow. But happy to do a meet up if I'm ever up that way. We go to wife's family from near Dounreay. I'll let you know.

Thanks.

I'm in Glasgow. But happy to do a meet up if I'm ever up that way. We go to wife's family from near Dounreay. I'll let you know.
That's a fair trek up to see her folks then, wow. Any time you're passing, feel free to give me a shout.

Amazingly, I've only seen 2 new RS3's around these parts which is unusual when cars like this are released. Having a couple in the same place in the same spec would be interesting. Haha.

Screw it, If i were you I'd be going for it..........

Trying to source another that has not been used and abused for 200 miles then sold will be tricky.

Thanks.

I was born up there Ian so a lot of my family live in the area.

TX.

That's a fair trek up to see her folks then, wow. Any time you're passing, feel free to give me a shout.

Amazingly, I've only seen 2 new RS3's around these parts which is unusual when cars like this are released. Having a couple in the same place in the same spec would be interesting. Haha.
Yeah her gran is now in a care home so we don't visit as much as we don't have her place to stay.

But I love it up there. Great roads. Scenery and space is amazing.

I've yet to see an RS3 in the wild. Only a turbo blue saloon in Glasgow Audi from a distance.

Reactions: Daggerit
Screw it, If i were you I'd be going for it..........

Trying to source another that has not been used and abused for 200 miles then sold will be tricky.
I think being picky on colour had painted me in to a corner. But I've got lucky in the end with the higher spec car for not much more!

It would have been hard to walk as away!

Reactions: Daggerit
I was born up there Ian so a lot of my family live in the area.

TX.
Not sure I would have coped growing up there.
At least nowadays there's the internet!
Saying that you would have kept fit just cycling to the neighbours!!

What would you guys do?

Thoughts welcome.
Naay from me but it all depends on how much you want it......You've £75k to beat to have the most expensive RS3 on here.......lol really sorry to hear of your ill health mate but £4k extra is a lot of money for very little return if you bide yer time you may even get one in a unique colour which will make a difference you could even get the full design pack or close to the full pack fitted to the interior of the car for that money that would make a huge difference
James

Naay from me but it all depends on how much you want it......You've £75k to beat to have the most expensive RS3 on here.......lol really sorry to hear of your ill health mate but £4k extra is a lot of money for very little return if you bide yer time you may even get one in a unique colour which will make a difference you could even get the full design pack or close to the full pack fitted to the interior of the car for that money that would make a huge difference
James
Ah okay nowhere near £75k! With the deal I got in the end.

But Daytona Grey suits me. I can appreciate turbo blue etc but. I've just realised I've never had a non black or silver car. So I'm happy with my purchase. This will be an extravagant colour for me

All the cars in my life go like this
Black
Black
Silver
Black
Silver
Black
Silver

Lol

I like to be anonymous / hate showing off. I debadge my cars. Partly because that's my personality (although I was lead guitarist in a metal band so I'm no wallflower) and partly because I don't want the attention from the police.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
I also ended up with Dynamic Pack which I wouldn’t have ordered. Only advantage for me, which my detailer also commented on, is the fact that ceramic brakes don’t make your wheels dirty! Also not sure if I’m imagining things but the brakes feel very very assured. A lot of money but it’s a bit of a cool thing to have.

Reactions: 3vans and IanL-RS3
I also ended up with Dynamic Pack which I wouldn’t have ordered. Only advantage for me, which my detailer also commented on, is the fact that ceramic brakes don’t make your wheels dirty! Also not sure if I’m imagining things but the brakes feel very very assured. A lot of money but it’s a bit of a cool thing to have.
Cool.. Thanks

As an aside (since you mentioned detailing)

Have you had your car ceramic coated/protected?

I'm not one to keep my car clean/washed (I used to do the 2 bucket snowfoam thing but not anymore) but do ceramic coating actually last 5 years and protect against birds droppings? I live in Scotland the rain keeps the car clean mostly lol

Reactions: kayemill and 8YARWY
Cool.. Thanks

I'm not one to keep my car clean/washed (I used to do the 2 bucket snowfoam thing but not anymore) but do ceramic coating actually last 5 years and protect against birds droppings? I live in Scotland the rain keeps the car clean mostly lol
That is one thing you need to be on top of, You need to remove any bird droppings asap, the paint (or lacquer) appears very prone to bird poo staining.

I have a ceramic coating kit but have only done the bonnet so far, and guess what? the birds know this so only crap on the roof

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Terminator x, 8YARWY and 1 other person
That is one thing you need to be on top of, You need to remove any bird droppings asap, the paint (or lacquer) appears very prone to bird poo staining.

I have a ceramic coating kit but have only done the bonnet so far, and guess what? the birds know this so only crap on the roof
I think that I'm going to get the roof wrapped in black prior to the car being ceramic coated for this exact reason. Just in case seagulls crap all over it or decide to land on it and scratch the hell out of it.

Cool.. Thanks

I'm in Scotland too and I use the rain technique to keep it clean! Kyalami is really good at hiding dirt as well.

Cool.. Thanks

I used the Gyeon Syncro kit after Jassyo06 recommended it.

It’s quite a bit of work as I gave the car a machine polish first, but it does come up like brand new after a wash.

acf6ba81c2aecbc00da42afa026ab2d0.jpg

c42624cf644ca56077b68b4ebfdbb67b.jpg

521f81b6d24ab45448882eff4ba66145.jpg

d878451cf89c20aa42b80df12108780f.jpg

ab63debcbe95470588a86af6995d6d1c.jpg

e26cf6d025a9f1552ba4d20ebfd87cad.jpg

c3c50ac25ed09a0b906cbc7501480c38.jpg

882bbcd741848d65450269512c0cef5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Southall87, kayemill, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I used the Gyeon Syncro kit after Jassyo06 recommended it.

It’s quite a bit of work as I gave the car a machine polish first, but it does come up like brand new after a wash.

acf6ba81c2aecbc00da42afa026ab2d0.jpg

c42624cf644ca56077b68b4ebfdbb67b.jpg

521f81b6d24ab45448882eff4ba66145.jpg

d878451cf89c20aa42b80df12108780f.jpg

ab63debcbe95470588a86af6995d6d1c.jpg

e26cf6d025a9f1552ba4d20ebfd87cad.jpg

c3c50ac25ed09a0b906cbc7501480c38.jpg

882bbcd741848d65450269512c0cef5b.jpg

I would love to do that.

But I honestly know that I would find a bit of sand to grind all over the paint. Also I don't have the patience. Or an indoor space. So I think the odds of me doing anywhere near a half decent job over more than just one panel is extremely low. It's the kinda thing I should have practiced during lock down on an old bonnet from the scrappy!

Your car looks amazing.

Reactions: kayemill and 8YARWY
Cool.. Thanks

Yes, mine has been fully treated with C Quartz Pro following decontamination and stage 1 polishing etc to make paintwork 100%. Cost me around £650 and lasts for at least 3 years. I take it back for a maintenance detail every 8 weeks so should last longer. Truly looks amazing……feels like glass. Well worth it.

79C7FCDA 8D94 4932 87AB BBB792A9C5D7
E3CDCAF5 4AE7 4A9F B997 3A53E4188190

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY
I would love to do that.

But I honestly know that I would find a bit of sand to grind all over the paint. Also I don't have the patience. Or an indoor space. So I think the odds of me doing anywhere near a half decent job over more than just one panel is extremely low. It's the kinda thing I should have practiced during lock down on an old bonnet from the scrappy!

Your car looks amazing.

Oh I’m no expert by any means, I much prefer the oily bits

I’ve machined a few cars now, never ceramic coated them though until this car.

@jassyo06 is a very helpful member on all things cleaning etc related.

Turbo Blue is such a divisive colour, sometimes I think it looks ok and other times not so much, although the Gyeon does add a nice gloss uplift to it.

If you stick to a Dual action machine you’ll be fine, just work methodical around the car, I did the roof / bonnet first dividing them up into manageable sections.

Same applies for the application of the Syncro too.

Jeeez this thread is well off topic now sorry @IanL-S3

Reactions: Jassyo06 and IanL-RS3
Thanks.

I was born and raised on a farm at Upper Dounreay my father still runs the farm now. Its a small world.

Oh I’m no expert by any means, I much prefer the oily bits

I’ve machined a few cars now, never ceramic coated them though until this car.

@jassyo06 is a very helpful member on all things cleaning etc related.

Turbo Blue is such a divisive colour, sometimes I think it looks ok and other times not so much, although the Gyeon does add a nice gloss uplift to it.

If you stick to a Dual action machine you’ll be fine, just work methodical around the car, I did the roof / bonnet first dividing them up into manageable sections.

Same applies for the application of the Syncro too.

Jeeez this thread is well off topic now sorry @IanL-S3

Yeah but there's a inner calm and patience you need to be good at stuff like this. Call it knack. Because you only really get one chance My dad had it in spades. Nothing wasn't fixable.. And nothing mechanical couldn't be figured out with patience and consideration. I'm very different in that things come to me easily or not at all. Eg I could spanner a bit but I'd be constantly going back to YouTube or forum posts. None of that in his day. Haynes manual in the library at best! But when I spoke to my dad about my spannering on the 306, he'd be like "ah yeah that's because the condenser is attached like x on Peugeots so you always need to replace that when doing x". As I kid I remember engine replacements on cars he would buy up here and take to London were a regular thing. I would help with the pulley. Or even when he built the extension on our house. I've no idea how he did all that! I just don't have that mindset for whatever reason. But give me a computer.......

How's that for off topic lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
I was born and raised on a farm at Upper Dounreay my father still runs the farm now. Its a small world.
You, Terminator X and my wife's family will definitely know of each other!

And you've probably all worked at Big House!

You, Terminator X and my wife's family will definitely know of each other!

And you've probably all worked at Big House!
Everyone knows everyone up here I work with Terminator X cousin. Not sure about Big House other than the one in Melvich.

Everyone knows everyone up here I work with Terminator X cousin. Not sure about Big House other than the one in Melvich.
Yeah that's where my wife's youngest cousin works and I think his older siblings did too.

I've only been up half a dozen times. But loved it every time.

I did the roof / bonnet first dividing them up into manageable sections.
Always start on the biggest panel, I had a Volvo T5 some years ago in red.............fading to pink every 6 months, I always started on the 'f' huge roof as it was a nightmare job, after that the rest of the panels were kids play :)

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Yeah but there's a inner calm and patience you need to be good at stuff like this. Call it knack. Because you only really get one chance My dad had it in spades. Nothing wasn't fixable.. And nothing mechanical couldn't be figured out with patience and consideration. I'm very different in that things come to me easily or not at all. Eg I could spanner a bit but I'd be constantly going back to YouTube or forum posts. None of that in his day. Haynes manual in the library at best! But when I spoke to my dad about my spannering on the 306, he'd be like "ah yeah that's because the condenser is attached like x on Peugeots so you always need to replace that when doing x". As I kid I remember engine replacements on cars he would buy up here and take to London were a regular thing. I would help with the pulley. Or even when he built the extension on our house. I've no idea how he did all that! I just don't have that mindset for whatever reason. But give me a computer.......

How's that for off topic lol
You'll find loads of detailing companies that are willing to take your money off ya mate Daytona is is a ideal colour for ya as it disguises a lot of grime etc etc if you do decide to get for a detailer choose one that'll use their version of Gyeon Synchro....its not any better than the one ye get off of a Detailing website but it helps to keep detailers in business ....this coating ie Gyeon Synchro should last you if done properly 3 to 4 years

Shop about for prices as machine polishing a new car is popcorn 2-3 hours...applying the ceramic takes more time ie for curing especially as its getting cooler but some detailers have heat lamps....somewhere around £650

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY
Always start on the biggest panel, I had a Volvo T5 some years ago in red.............fading to pink every 6 months, I always started on the 'f' huge roof as it was a nightmare job, after that the rest of the panels were kids play :)

Biggest panels are easy, it’s the angled doors / bumpers that take the time.

You'll find loads of detailing companies that are willing to take your money off ya mate Daytona is is a ideal colour for ya as it disguises a lot of grime etc etc if you do decide to get for a detailer choose one that'll use their version of Gyeon Synchro....its not any better than the one ye get off of a Detailing website but it helps to keep detailers in business ....this coating ie Gyeon Synchro should last you if done properly 3 to 4 years

Shop about for prices as machine polishing a new car is popcorn 2-3 hours...applying the ceramic takes more time ie for curing especially as its getting cooler but some detailers have heat lamps....somewhere around £650
I was looking at this stuff called Gtechniq crystal serum. I'm on detailing world as I type!

I've been in touch with a place ttd in Stewarton which is 30 mins from me. But they've had a few cars direct from Porsche. So .......

But still doing my research.....

.....And waiting for a price!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I was looking at this stuff called Gtechniq crystal serum. I'm on detailing world as I type!

I've been in touch with a place ttd in Stewarton which is 30 mins from me. But they've had a few cars direct from Porsche. So .......

But still doing my research.....

.....And waiting for a price!!!
Crystal serum is a bog standard coating so better value but for durability buy this kit and ask the detailer to use it

Reactions: 3vans
Crystal serum is a bog standard coating so better value but for durability buy this kit and ask the detailer to use it
The crystal stuff comes with a 9 year warranty (this is something I'm looking into as to what they cover and has anyone claimed)

On a quick look there's no approved detailers near me for the stuff you're using. But I'll dig deeper. Thanks for the suggestion .

The crystal stuff comes with a 9 year warranty (this is something I'm looking into as to what they cover and has anyone claimed)

On a quick look there's no approved detailers near me for the stuff you're using. But I'll dig deeper. Thanks for the suggestion .
Pay no attention to the lifespan guarantee's mate pie in the Sky id go for best value for money got be honest there's only so far you can take a paint colour like Daytona....my wee mums A1 Black Edition has been detailed/machine polished by myself several times over the last 5 years and no matter what you do...it wont look any better hence its low maintenance

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and IanL-RS3
Biggest panels are easy, it’s the angled doors / bumpers that take the time.

Not with a tin of T Cut and elbow grease :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: and red stained hands for the following week, why I never bought a buffer I will never know

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Not with a tin of T Cut and elbow grease :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: and red stained hands for the following week, why I never bought a buffer I will never know

Lol this is all you need usually
12ce8666e21ec11c905a7263bac49c95.jpg

Here's a question for you guys

Do you declare the dynamic pack as uprated brakes on your insurance? I would have thought no because it's a factory fit item.

But there is this ambiguous wording on GoCompare
"A vehicle has been modified or adapted if it’s been changed from the manufacturer’s standard specification in any way."
They have the vorsprung listed as a car spec. So standard Vorsprung doesn't have ceramic brakes but does have the adaptive suspension (no idea how you delare the top speed increase!), so i would have thought i have to declare the ceramic brakes. Add £60 on to my insurance.

Not as much as the chancer who is trying to claim he and two passengers have whiplash injuries from me reversing and tapping his bumper with my car (I actually didn't feel it, and got out and we agreed there was no damage so we went on our separate ways until i got the letter from a claims management company - luckily i got cctv of the incident). Aviva have already dismissed the claim twice. But he keeps coming back with different claims company. And there's no downside for him. I asked why he isn't being pursued for fraud and was told that only if it ends up in court can they do that. Meanwhile i'm paying extra for my insurance.

I did as an OEM factory fitment, with no change to my premium, currently just under £490 this Yr which is way less than my previous car.