Facelift Dynamic mode

But so pretty ;)

The price of the iPhone X infuriates me, but I will probably still end up having it next month. I use my phone an awful lot, it more than pays for itself in usage.

So the sex chat line business is good at the moment then......

But so pretty ;)

The price of the iPhone X infuriates me, but I will probably still end up having it next month. *I use my phone an awful lot, it more than pays for itself in usage*.
Oh we know that!!! ;)

But so pretty ;)

The price of the iPhone X infuriates me, but I will probably still end up having it next month. I use my phone an awful lot, it more than pays for itself in usage.

So you actually like the notch? To me I left iPhone behind years ago and have never looked back, feels great to never use iTunes again.

But so pretty ;)

I don't doubt its good kit but the way Apple goes about fleecing it's customers regarding pricing, updates, backwards compatibility and proprietary interfaces/hardwire is outrageous. Like I refuse to fly Ryanair i refuse to buy Apple. However I have been well and truly suckered by Audi on this RS3! Surely I could of got a cheaper car !!

Open door - start engine - tap the Drive Select 5 times - Into S - Drive away.

Routine now.
Start engine, disable start stop System, tap the esp button to put in sport., tap 5 times on drive select * button on steering wheel, gear box in to S, fasten seatbelt. And there we go.

S3 sportback 2017 daytona

So the sex chat line business is good at the moment then......

Audi tracker is the latest, forum is the biggest culprit ;)

Oh we know that!!! ;)

I knew something like that was coming ;) My forum lifeline!

So you actually like the notch? To me I left iPhone behind years ago and have never looked back, feels great to never use iTunes again.

Not really no, it looks a little silly but move with the times.. all phones will be like it soon. I have an iMac and an iPad Pro, it’s just easy to have one format. Apple works well, it’s expensive but the software is well constructed and the phones are made well. I have considered changing, the engineers phone in work is a Samsung and I hate it.

I don't doubt its good kit but the way Apple goes about fleecing it's customers regarding pricing, updates, backwards compatibility and proprietary interfaces/hardwire is outrageous. Like I refuse to fly Ryanair i refuse to buy Apple. However I have been well and truly suckered by Audi on this RS3! Surely I could of got a cheaper car !!

I agree with you, but like I said in the above response I’ve bought in now and I’m sticking with the because besides cost, I have no complaints.
Oh we have all been done with the RS3, but there isn’t another car in this price bracket I’d want to buy.

I too have noticed this and now becomes startup procedure to switch through, shame you have to scroll though and can't just select it.

The Golf R "Race" mode also worked like this, after engine off you had to switch out and back to get it into full Race mode.

Similar thing with the gearbox in M mode there is a Manual and a Sport Manual - you have to put it into Sport before going over to Manual, you can tell as the engine revs rise when in sport, switch it over and they stay raised.

The MMI takes a few seconds to get going but as mentioned you can see the drive select on the VC changing modes still.

Not really no, it looks a little silly but move with the times.. all phones will be like it soon. I have an iMac and an iPad Pro, it’s just easy to have one format. Apple works well, it’s expensive but the software is well constructed and the phones are made well. I have considered changing, the engineers phone in work is a Samsung and I hate it.

Not all phones, Apple is again behind the trend. New Samsung S8/Note 8, LG G6/V30 phones and other android phones have similar screen-to-body ratios without the notch, the only one with a notch like that is the Essential phone but even that is just a circle in the middle for front camera, not a notch. To me its easier to just go into file explorer and drag and drop files to my phone then go through iTunes and the syncing stuff.

size-comparison-final5.JPG.jpg

Not all phones, Apple is again behind the trend. New Samsung S8/Note 8, LG G6/V30 phones and other android phones have similar screen-to-body ratios without the notch, the only one with a notch like that is the Essential phone but even that is just a circle in the middle for front camera, not a notch. To me its easier to just go into file explorer and drag and drop files to my phone then go through iTunes and the syncing stuff.

size-comparison-final5.JPG.jpg

I don’t use iTunes as such.
I pay £4.99 a month for student Apple Music and download absolutely anything I want straight onto the phone, which instantly appears on the iPad / iMac simultaneously. It’s things like that, just ease of use.

Reactions: teslaboy
I rather pay premium for something that works then the other way around :)

Well Audi are about to f*** it up for all of us.

The MMI as it is works fantastic. Notice the new A7 & A8 launches? They have touch screens for both climate control and MMI :’(

Th touch screens are lethal, I hate them. The Astra and Focus I’ve driven had it, I couldn’t wait to get out. You spend so much time looking down planning where to land your fingers, then just about when you press the button you hit a bump and end up two pages deeper than you wanted and it’s all gone belly up. Then you have about 30 seconds looking at anything but the road to figure your way back.

Awful tech in a car, give me the dial any day.

Reactions: Evotion
If you’re still using iTunes youre doing it wrong. iTunes hasn’t been required do anything on an iPhone (sync or otherwise) for many many years.

Reactions: KKOG and AudiNutta
Notice the new A7 & A8 launches? They have touch screens for both climate control and MMI :’(

Th touch screens are lethal, I hate them. The Astra and Focus I’ve driven had it, I couldn’t wait to get out. You spend so much time looking down planning where to land your fingers, then just about when you press the button you hit a bump and end up two pages deeper than you wanted and it’s all gone belly up. Then you have about 30 seconds looking at anything but the road to figure your way back.

Awful tech in a car, give me the dial any day.

Totally agree!

Regulation is that TV in a car must de-activate itself for the driver whilst the car is in motion. Common sense, yes? Yet they allow touch screen MMI, media and sat-navs. What is the difference?? I really despair at some of the things that are allowed and not allowed!

Totally agree!

Regulation is that TV in a car must de-activate itself for the driver whilst the car is in motion. Common sense, yes? Yet they allow touch screen MMI, media and sat-navs. What is the difference?? I really despair at some of the things that are allowed and not allowed!

Yes exactly. I don’t ever touch a phone in a car it infuriates me to see people doing it. BUT, IMO reading a short text message will be less distracting than operating a touch screen. They need to perform tests and see how the reaction times are affected when one is tasked with entering a postcode into the touch screen sat nav, or searching for a radio station.

Reactions: KKOG
If you’re still using iTunes youre doing it wrong. iTunes hasn’t been required do anything on an iPhone (sync or otherwise) for many many years.

Well my last iPhone was iPhone 4 so I haven't used one for many many years.

Reactions: AudiNutta

It’s normally several weeks at a time between when my phone is connected to iTunes because I find I rarely use the iMac. I usually use the iPad Pro for browsing.

It’s so easy now keeping you devices up to date and all in sync without iTunes.

Just to get back on topic, is anyone actually getting pops and bangs on downshifts in Dynamic, because I don't...

If I cycle through the modes on startup it simply puts the gearbox into 'S' and I then do get the pops and bangs, but if I just flick from Dynamic to Sport instead of mode cycling I still get the pops in 'S'. As soon as I go into Dynamic, whether I have cycled the modes or not I get nothing, great tone, but no pops...

Just to get back on topic, is anyone actually getting pops and bangs on downshifts in Dynamic, because I don't...

If I cycle through the modes on startup it simply puts the gearbox into 'S' and I then do get the pops and bangs, but if I just flick from Dynamic to Sport instead of mode cycling I still get the pops in 'S'. As soon as I go into Dynamic, whether I have cycled the modes or not I get nothing, great tone, but no pops...
Yep on start up I have to cycle thru on the drive select even if it says dynamic on the dash. Same as the PFL apparently.

With nearly 900 miles on the clock I do now get the odd bang on downshifts and the exhaust is starting to sound a little more lively. Hopefully as the miles go on it'll improve.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I'm going to write a more detailed comparison later, but having just picked up a FL for the day, try as I might I could not get any pops or crackles on downshifts...

Reactions: AudiNutta and Radman
I'm going to write a more detailed comparison later, but having just picked up a FL for the day, try as I might I could not get any pops or crackles on downshifts...

If you could mate, I get pops and bangs when in sport mode only (or manual from sport), it makes no difference and I get nothing on the downshifts in Dynamic if i cycle through or just switch the box from D/S. All the pressing drive select 5 times does for me is put it into S which is the same as just flicking the box from D/S anyway.

Our survey says....uhh uhh

I think you will find that Audi have managed to hold back more unburnt fuel that causes the pops and bangs on the FL. Audi have not said this, but it makes sense with the extra fuel economy the FL produces, and the same comment from pretty well everyone.

Looking at it objectively, the pops and bangs on the PFL are a bit outrageous! I am surprised Audi were able to get away with it - but hey, this is the organisation that duped the world for so long on other issues..:smirk:

The pops and bangs on the PFL are outrageous, but they do give it character. Personally, I'm sad to see them go.

At the time of the PFL most of us thought Audi had "got away with it", looks like they did!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

So far I haven't seen any modded exhausts get them back either, the closest is the machine gun one.

I think people have missed a couple things in the post.

So he's saying that there's no point is cycling through the modes at start-up, just go straight to 'S' mode on gearbox and you get the pops and bangs. Also the fact that you don't get pops or bangs in Dynamic mode with 'D' mode on gearbox. So changing to dynamic mode I'm guessing changes the tone and makes it louder but no pops and bangs?

I don’t use iTunes as such.
I pay £4.99 a month for student Apple Music and download absolutely anything I want straight onto the phone, which instantly appears on the iPad / iMac simultaneously. It’s things like that, just ease of use.
I use spotify and that's free either my mobile tariff and has been for over 18 months. Spotify us way better than apple music as it's os agnostic, so you can use the same account on android, apple, pc, xbox, etc

So far I haven't seen any modded exhausts get them back either, the closest is the machine gun one.

So he's saying that there's no point is cycling through the modes at start-up, just go straight to 'S' mode on gearbox and you get the pops and bangs. Also the fact that you don't get pops or bangs in Dynamic mode with 'D' mode on gearbox. So changing to dynamic mode I'm guessing changes the tone and makes it louder but no pops and bangs?
It makes it louder but not by much. I'm willing to bet mine in comfort mode is louder than a FL in dynamic.

I use spotify and that's free either my mobile tariff and has been for over 18 months. Spotify us way better than apple music as it's os agnostic, so you can use the same account on android, apple, pc, xbox, etc

Depends if you got Spotify premium with your carrier or just have the normal free Spotify. I had premium for 3 months for 99p but didn't find it much more useful than the standard free Spotify. It's the same thing just with ads and quite a few annoyances they added in, like only 5 skips per hour, you can't rewind or forward a song to a certain point (e.g. can't skip forward to 1 min 30 of the song), it always shuffles playlists/albums, etc. Another option is Soundcloud which is similar to Spotify in that there's a free version and a paid one. The free version is a lot better than the free Spotify though, no annoyances, it's just a regular music player that you can skip as much as you want, forward, rewind, etc but with ads. Paid version gets access to certain premium songs that you can't listen to in free version.

I mainly listen to music on my phone and in my car I just use the Aux cable, on PC you can find music anywhere. I find Spotify premium to be a bit immoral, you're paying extra to just get the normal music experience. Its like if Audi had £500 MMI Pro which was exactly the same as normal MMI but the sound settings bug was fixed, * button always worked and you don't have to circle driving modes at start-up.

Exactly that mate.