Dynamic mode S3 2019

SaraS3

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I visited the local dealer last week with a friend and we got talking about my 2019 saloon model to the salesman while we were there. He was asking if I was enjoying it etc.
I told him that when it is in dynamic mode, it doesn't make the same noise from the exhaust as the 2019 hatchback I owned for a short time. I know it has been discussed a lot that the new ones aren't as loud as the older ones but I was comparing the same age 2019, different shape.

The salesman said, oh it will. He asked how I was putting it into dynamic and I said via the drive select button on the dash. He said after doing that, I should flick the gear selector as well. I tried it today and doing this just flicked it from 'S' to 'D' so to me was worse than how I had it in dynamic mode. Surely that was taking it out of dynamic.

Am I missing something or was the salesman talking rubbish? Thanks anyone

I haven't a clue mate,but driving the S3 in dynamic made is a PITA...after a few minutes in my opinion, l set the gearbox,quattro, to auto in the individual mode and all the rest of settings to dynamic and that works fine for me

Dynamic mode on the auto transmission is rubbish...holds some gears way too long, especially in town.....manual mode is just fine in dynamic.
You can select as Jassy mentioned in above or by pulling the transmission lever to sport and then moving over to manual mode that will open the exhaust flaps and select manual transmission, push the lever to the left and pull back, you are then in the mode you originally chose. Much better to use individual mode and setup the car how you want for steering, transmission, exhaust valves, Haldex, suspension and avoid drive selection as every mode is then set to comfort, auto etc.

Last edited:
Thanks chaps. Yes I've noticed it holding onto gears today. I've only put about 350 miles on so still learning about it. The autos I've had before haven't had the option of changing the individual settings. They've just had eco, comfort and sport settings. I have been reading my manual but it's interesting to hear how other folk are driving them
Thanks

What Jassy said is pretty much how I had it to be fair. Sport (S) as others have said when you accelerate it'll hold a gear for too long so the engine will be screaming (say 30mph-60mph) in 3rd gear and when easing off will take an age to realise it needs to upshift and not stay in 3rd.
If I need to overtake or do something similar I'll put it in sport and switch to manual mode.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you are sick of the auto in dynamic you could look at the TCU tune from APR. Just had mine done and its now a pleasure to drive in dynamic with gearbox set to S. Gears change lightning fast and they arent held for silly amounts of the time. The TCU is constantly monitoring when to shift up ( or down) to provide max acceleration but remaining comfortable.

Test drove a few of these in sportback and saloon before I got mine.
The noise in the saloon whether pfl, fl or wltp is quieter than the sportback and hatch.
It’s simple acoustics, saloon has the long boot where the exhaust is and that’s completely blocked off with the metal parcel shelf and rear seats to the rest of the car unlike the hatch where there’s a cardboard like parcel shelf between cabin and boot. It would be even quieter in the wltp cars.

If you are sick of the auto in dynamic you could look at the TCU tune from APR. Just had mine done and its now a pleasure to drive in dynamic with gearbox set to S. Gears change lightning fast and they arent held for silly amounts of the time. The TCU is constantly monitoring when to shift up ( or down) to provide max acceleration but remaining comfortable.
What price did you pay for that pal

Is that on a new 19 plate car
John, It is actually on a late 18 plate car. But the TCU is availble for the brand new S3's as well. Its made for the new 7 speed DQ381 gearbox.

I have it along with the ECU tune and its the bees knees.

John, It is actually on a late 18 plate car. But the TCU is availble for the brand new S3's as well. Its made for the new 7 speed DQ381 gearbox.

I have it along with the ECU tune and its the bees knees.
Sounds good pal just wondering about warranty as mine is a 19 plate.as people have said dynamic is not that great.

It will void your warranty should you have any engine issues. I voided mine but I do that will all my cars, why wait the three years when you can have more fun from day 1!

It will only void your warranty if they find it. Mine has been in for numerous services & some warranty work on the electrics and I have had no problems.

It will void your warranty should you have any engine issues. I voided mine but I do that will all my cars, why wait the three years when you can have more fun from day 1!

It will only void your warranty if they find it. Mine has been in for numerous services & some warranty work on the electrics and I have had no problems.
Sounds good the upgrade just been on Apr website.my nearest one is near Irlam Manchester.I may take a trip down cheers