DVD screens stop DAB radio

MOA4B9

I've been having this issue with the radio dropping reception, mmi saying unavailable. Some days it happens a few times for few seconds before it comes back and on some days it's mostly the whole time. It seems that it's only the DAB radio that is affected and not the FM. I was initially thinking that tinkering with the OBDELEVEN has caused some issues but today I found the cause. I have dual DVD sceeens for the kids plugged into the rear lighter socket. When I unplug then the radio works fine. So they seem to be the cause however I don't know if it is due to the electrics from lighter socket interfering or do they maybe produce some frequency that blocks the DAB signal. Has anyone come across this before?

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
It's a common issue for dab when using 12v socket devices, Google the issue with usb 12v socket adapters, ideally you need to plug these into a pre socket or adapter that is dab compatible so to speak unless you change them for alternatives that don't give dab issues.

MOA4B9

Never knew about this issue. The screens are connected directly into the socket so there is no adapter in between like eg the usb adapter. I presume the whole power lead will need to be replaced. However I rotated the plug a little bit inside the socket and it seem to have improved things. Will see how this goes.