Dv wrong way round!!

If you are 100% sure that the DV you have fitted is operational then it can only be lack of vacuum to operate the DV

Well, when I changed over to the Forge I measured -20hg at idle as opposed to the stock dv at -9hg maybe -10.
Alright, maybe I should test a lower spring tension and different spring then if that's the case.

And no I haven't done the bypass as I've heard it gives better reaction time engine wise kept on...Of course, there's conflicting information to this too lol.

I deleted mine in both s3 and tt there is also talk about removing it increasing fuel consumption.

On a cold side relocation what way round should the dump valve be? I'm putting a OE valve back on the car as the forge one has caused nothing but issues and Bill at Badger 5 recommended an OE valve when he stage 2 mapped my old mega mileage LCR. Just didn't know if having a cold side relocation effects the orientation?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

same orientation - there is never a reason to put the DV the wrong way around

So vacuum nipple pointing straight up?

the physical orientation is neither here nor there; its whether you've got the pipes fitted correctly

the small nipple is for the small diameter pipe which comes from the inlet manifold
the side port is from the boost pipe
the bottom port goes to the air intake pipe

Sorry dude, I understand all that, there just seems to be so much discussion regarding orientation and how positive manifold pressure acts upon the diaphragm/piston as I have cold side relocation, if the valve is fitted nipple up, the boost is acting on the bottom of the valve, which would normally not see boost

if the valve is fitted nipple up, the boost is acting on the bottom of the valve, which would normally not see boost

exactly, which is why you shouldn't stress about the physical orientation of the valve i.e. whether or not the nipple is facing up, down, backwards or the north star means sweet FA

you fit is so the pipes are correct

Reactions: hydro s3 and superkarl