duel mass flywheel knackared g60 solid conversion info?

Big Bang Yam

Reaction score
went for the gearbox swap today get it all apart check the clutch and he duel mass flywheel is shagged,ive searched to try and find out a bit more on the solid g60 conversion but cant get a definative answer ,, please help ill running around like a loon tomorow morning o get what i need! cheers!

Assuming you have a FWD 5 speed car, you need a G60/ABF flywheel and a VR6 pressure and friction plate.

The friction plate is P/N021 141 031 CX, the pressure plate is P/N021 141 025 FX, the flywheel is P/N037 105 273 A.

You will also need 6 G60/ABF flywheel bolts (P/N90206103) and 6 VR6 pressure plate bolts (P/N10101001). The bolts should be £24 from the main dealers.

Throw a release bearing in there whilst you are at it. P/N02A 141 165 A.

It is a GREAT upgrade, helps the car rev up quicker, gives a better clutch feel and keeps the clutch feeling light, it's good for 300bhp and is a much stronger setup than stock.

IMO VAG should have fitted this setup as standard.

just read you cant do this on an s3 only fwd's ,,,

LOL, a bit gutted that I spent 5 mins googlng all the part numbers for you when you hadn't even worked out if it would fit your car or not. lol!

Google is your friend...

im sorry mate.i found when i was googleing a bit deeper,,,,,,,,, trying to find a discount code GSF now haha

Surely it needs to match the crankshaft...

i dont think a VR6 flywheel would fit a 1.8t?

A VR6 won't because it is ten bolt but a G60/ABF 10kg flywheel bolts straight up and is a great match.

Have you had a look at the Awsome GTI SMF and clutch?

Maybe we're getting our wires crossed. However to clarify;

On an S3 or TQS the G60/ABF flywheel would physically bolt to the S3 crank no problems; it's the same crank as any 1.8t. It's the gearbox that the pressure plate and clutch spline aren't compatible with.

R32's/3.2 TT's and A3's have a 10 bolt flywheel and will not fit a 1.8t, so you couldn't use an R32 single mass kit on an S3.

TTV said mine was a modified R32 one but that must be the bolt holes then

I use a Sachs 4 paddle unsprung plate with standard cover. Same set up as Tuffty's.

Unsprung paddle and no DMF?! Isnt that horribly snatchy?

Why would it be? The solid friction plate and flywheel on my 57 year old Ford Pop is just as smooth as the sprung friction plate and single mass flywheel I justfitted to my A3 this morning. With correct modulation any clutch setup should be smooth.

Have you been in Rob's evo Jardo? He has an unsprung paddle from memory. Pulling away can sometimes be a bit on/off but nothing too crazy.

Have you been in Rob's evo Jardo? He has an unsprung paddle from memory. Pulling away can sometimes be a bit on/off but nothing too crazy.

How weird, how do you know Rob and me? I'm confused as to who you are now :p

The reason Robs evo's clutch skips is because of all the rust that gets built up on the flywheel where he only drives it once every 6 weeks haha :lmfao:

Well I know Rob and Andy from working with them in Halfords about 6 years back when I was in college/uni. This was when I had my 205, Rob had his 106 Rallye and Andy was rocking his original S40. I left when I finished uni to work in the states, and then eventually here. Still in touch with them both via FB/MSN.

Rob gave me a lift up to AH Fabs to swap over the tabs on the cooler (they were back to front!) when I was back there in April. He managed sub 10 mpg from memory. ****** quick car though, crazily so. Not surprised it's his weekend weapon! He cops so much stick from Andy about it though haha.

Anyhow, with regards to the topic, planning to do this to mine. Think my clutch is going (judder now and then) and seems logical to upgrade with the impending GT2871.

Well I know Rob and Andy from working with them in Halfords about 6 years back when I was in college/uni. This was when I had my 205, Rob had his 106 Rallye and Andy was rocking his original S40. I left when I finished uni to work in the states, and then eventually here. Still in touch with them both via FB/MSN.

Rob gave me a lift up to AH Fabs to swap over the tabs on the cooler (they were back to front!) when I was back there in April. He managed sub 10 mpg from memory. ****** quick car though, crazily so. Not surprised it's his weekend weapon! He cops so much stick from Andy about it though haha.

Anyhow, with regards to the topic, planning to do this to mine. Think my clutch is going (judder now and then) and seems logical to upgrade with the impending GT2871.

Ahhh makes sense, I presume it's facebook how you know we're all friends. I was wondering if I know you :)

Rob>total fanny who lives his life one soapy bucket at a time. We bought him the wheels for it for his birthday; the sponge has done more miles over them than they have on the road haha.

Yeah I chipped in for them too. Rota Grids from memory? Looked awesome on the car when he took me up to AH. It's a really nice car. I see you posting on his stuff sometimes. You'll notice my soppy picture of me and the mrs...