Dual exhaust options

StuF

Reaction score
I quite like the idea of a dual exhaust set up on my s line avant. Is the rear splitter from the 2.7 and 3.0 a direct replacement for my 2.0 one. Also will the exhaust from these fit or will I be better going for a custom exhaust?

Cheers :)

The 2.7 & 3.0 diffuser will fit yes, but the 2.7 & 3.0 exhaust will not fit I would get a custom made one, I had a custom quad pipe made and put the S4 diffuser made and I love it.

Yeah sure I also started a thread on here somewhere think it's called booked in for custom exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: Macdoon and RS5 JON
That looks really good mate, car is going into audi next week so I may price some splitters up while I'm there :)

That sounds lovely, I'm not really after any more noise but if it sounded like that I'd be happy :)

Yeah I actually preferred the tone of it them with the centre box in I just wanted it a bit louder so it it taken out, its definitely louder but the tone has some what changed, will be getting a dpf delete soon so will be a bit louder again and maybe sound a bit deferent :/

You'll have to let me know what it sounds like then. You expecting any more power with the dpf delete?

Yeah should get some but it will be getting stage 2 remapped at the same time.

Nice one, I'll probably remap eventually..... Looking forward to some extra torque :)

Just had mine done. 2.0tdi s line.

V6 rear valance with custom dual rear pipes, 2 boxes removed and straight through.

Sounds a minutely louder on idle otherwise exactly the same noise driving around and motorway. 3.5" tailpipes.

Done by fabricators JC WELDFAB. They are offering a deal on Trim fitted with exhaust.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON
Here's mine, done last week by Elite Custom Exhausts, Ayr. Middle box removed also, slight difference in exhaust note when accelarating.
s1317.photobucket.com/user/JOHNGALLOWAY1/media/WP_20140131_001_zps96e79018.jpg.html]
WP_20140131_001_zps96e79018.jpg
[/URL]
JG

I like that JG I should have had rolled tips, did you have it done in 304? Also what size tube as mine is loads louder than standard?

Just had mine done. 2.0tdi s line.

V6 rear valance with custom dual rear pipes, 2 boxes removed and straight through.

Sounds a minutely louder on idle otherwise exactly the same noise driving around and motorway. 3.5" tailpipes.

Done by fabricators JC WELDFAB. They are offering a deal on Trim fitted with exhaust.

That's exactly what I want, looks oem :)

I like that JG I should have had rolled tips, did you have it done in 304? Also what size tube as mine is loads louder than standard?

Hi SI-W85, 304? Pipe is same size as standard exhaust, tips are 70mm. The guy that did mine told me that it doesn't matter what size the pipe or tips are, it's the back boxes that alters the sound. Don't know if he's right, but he has a good reputation around my way with various car and bike clubs and he had a cracking knowledge of different exhausts ect.

JG

Rite yeah I've had 2 exhausts since I've had the car one done in 409 which sounded good just quiet and my new one 304 2.5" pipe & 87mm tips and it's quite a bit louder will try get a vid of it, do you have any vids of yours?

Rite yeah I've had 2 exhausts since I've had the car one done in 409 which sounded good just quiet and my new one 304 2.5" pipe & 87mm tips and it's quite a bit louder will try get a vid of it, do you have any vids of yours?

Sorry mate, no vids but will post one if the weather gets better in Scotland. :cold:
JG

Might as well post a Picture of my car also.
It`s from caractere.

64712_10153087049045182_623251125_n.jpg

Reactions: Montecha, RS5 JON, SI-W85 and 1 other person
whats the diffrence between the s-line ans SE diffuser ?

Hmm I'll re write this
I ment does the s-line fit the se