Dual Cup Holders

AndyBM

Reaction score
Website
www.cruise-mids.com
morning all,

it recently come to my mind that i only have 1 cup holder (and a card holder i dont need), the cup holder i have is on the passenger side, however id like dual cup holders, im sure i could find the other on ebay, but my question is what do i do with the ESP button?

im also considering buying the pair as my currently cup holder is a little grubby so how do i remove them?

this is what i mean...

my-a4-twin-cupholder.jpg

thanks

If you never touch the button to turn ESP off just tuck it behind the dash........you may find taking the stereo out gives you more space to reposition the hidden switch

Regarding removal, if you take the trim part off about the cup holder and card holder it helps to get them out. If I remember correctly you need to push two little tabs in with a small screwdriver to pull them out

Did you ever successfully do this mod? Would like to do the same in my B7 (which I think has the same dash?) but also don't know where I'd relocate the ESP switch to, find a new cup holder or do the installation!

On my list too as only one cup holder is ridiculous. Funny how growing up without them, I'd laugh at the Sceptic's obsession with them, but having used them a lot on journeys I really appreciate them now.

I've seen someone do the twin cup holder mod and put the ESP button in the little tray just behind the cigarette lighter, obviously this means extending the wires and making a slot for the switch

Reactions: ruffrida
Shame a new cup holder is £43 from TPS... If it was £10-£20 I'd be tempted to put the effort in an relocate the ESP switch...

Shame a new cup holder is £43 from TPS... If it was £10-£20 I'd be tempted to put the effort in an relocate the ESP switch...

Have a look on german or USA eBay they have the left hand drive cup holders and you can get a second hand one.

You can get them for £20 from breakers on UK eBay, but they never post pictures first (or none that I have asked so far will do) so you can never check the condition of the front and that the open/close action is smooth and doesn't stick...