DTUK Tuning box fitment and settings

Dobby

Reaction score
Ok, so i cant find for the life of me where the connection goes to at the front left lower side of the engine goes? please tell me i dont have to jack the car up?

also for the new maps what settings are people running exactly?

Ok, so i cant find for the life of me where the connection goes to at the front left lower side of the engine goes? please tell me i dont have to jack the car up?

also for the new maps what settings are people running exactly?

From what I've read so far, there is a connection point at the bottom of the engine so you will have to jack the car up.

3+3 seems to be the preferred map to run.

some people have done it with out jacking it up how ever i couldn't so had to jack it up to get it done

ok il stick it up on my ramps then... thought id be able to do it from above

They are all accessible from the top except the boost pressure sensor, which will require the car being jacked up, the front engine tray is obstructing it. You can do it with the tray on, but it's just easier to take it off for the sake of 4 (or 6, cant remember) clips.

EDIT: Below is the installation guide for a DTUK box on a 1.4TFSI engine.

Yes its not the same engine, but the boost pressure sensor (the difficult one to reach) is shown in it.

Anymore questions im sure @ABYSS (local DTUK man) can help you, they're renowned for their excellent customer services.

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/pdfs/vag_1.4_TSI_122-140_EA211_e.pdf

Last edited:
all done, was a simple job once it was up on the ramps, without taking the tray off i dont see how people can do it because i couldnt even see it... within 5 minutes the tray was off and connected up spent some time routing the cables trying to tidy it up

out of interest where do most people put the box?

all done, was a simple job once it was up on the ramps, without taking the tray off i dont see how people can do it because i couldnt even see it... within 5 minutes the tray was off and connected up spent some time routing the cables trying to tidy it up

out of interest where do most people put the box?
I tucked mine in the gap between the battery and the air box.
Set the programme to 1 and select the plus 2 setting
I tried a few different settings but the 1 +2 seems to be my favourite

Reactions: Nawaid
I didn't jack the car up either, it can be done from the top with perseverance, if I'm doing it again yes I'm definitely using a jack or a ramp, I took ages and my arm and my mates arm were scarred and cut to bits

How you did that ill never know, i couldnt see it from above tried squeezing my hand everywhere but no luck, even when on the ramps.. 2 minute job to take that tray off though...

Time to fit the intake i guess

Long arms and lots of patience lol
What Intake are you fitting?
I was thinking of buying the vw r600 intake

Long arms and lots of patience lol
What Intake are you fitting?
I was thinking of buying the vw r600 intake
Yeh vwr600, got that and the tuning box 700

On another note my new wheels arrived and my b16s are getting fitted monday :)

Yeh vwr600, got that and the tuning box 700

On another note my new wheels arrived and my b16s are getting fitted monday :)
Got my new wheel fitted yesterday
Let me know how the intake sounds, I'm only going to order one if there's not lots of noise from it

Reactions: Madmo
I just bought the tuning box, peddle box and the r600 intake aswel should all be arriving anyday now thinking on if i should wait for my first service to install them 4k km away or just do it cause I'm itching to try them lemme know what settings you find best with this new tune.thanks

Id fit them now, took my 30 mins to replace them back to standard last week and 4k is a long time

Did u install the airfilter aswell? How does it sound and feel?

Did u install the airfilter aswell? How does it sound and feel?

Feels better bit more sound, wasnt expecting big gains to begin with but guess it helps if i go further