DTUK Tuning Box and TC issues

Stevier88

Reaction score
Gents,

anyone with the DTUK tuning box fitted had any traction control issues to date?

I have been having TC issues for a while now, TC light flickering, front wheel judder from both a rolling start and launching the car. It has been into audi 4 times now with the issues, haldex pump and all linkage has been replaced and recently the drive train has been replaced. it only appears to happen randomly so TC could be fine no issues then it could play up hence why it was difficult for the techs to replicate and diagnose it, also no errors showing on audi's diagnostics system.

I have a pretty good relationship with stirling audi so left the box on, tech was happy that despite the box there was an underlying issue with the haldex and that box wasn't an issue. Still having the same issues front wheel judder like a front wheel drive car. Decided to unplug the box yesterday and do a launch, same conditions dry, same temp and no wheel judder so based on this I'm looking at the box causing the issues. Only done it once so will unplug again and do some more tests to verify if it is or not.

anyone with any similar issues or knowledge please?

cheers.

Have you not tried getting in touch with dtuk. ...andrew the owner is a lovely guy..and may be able to help...im sure if he can help he will

I didn't buy the box from dtuk I bought it from a member on here so been a bit hesitant to go to them directly with it.

I've had similar issues but not related to DTUK boxes (which I have owned, hated and sold)

After driving for so long, normally 20 - 30 mins at least I lose most of the power to my rear wheels and the car behaves nearly FWD. Wheel hopping torque steer etc. I turn the car off, remove the key and restart it and the 4wd works fine again. I was having this issue and the rear diff and haldex pump failed and were completely replaced. I'm still having the same issue, i've even pulled up at Audi and left the car running to show them the issue which they have seen but can't fix and are fairly clueless to have to resolve it.

Never leave the any sort of tuning box on your vehicle whilst it’s still under warranty, just asking for trouble if it comes to a warranty claim. As they’ll always look for a reason for not to pay out and charge the customer.

Since it’s a second hand unit, I doubt DTUK will help you but you can always try.

Did you plug it back in and try it after you unplugged it and did the launch ? What where the results ?

sounds identical to what I'm having at the moment mate everything replaced and still the same, struggled to find out what's causing it and took a while to even suggest what may be causing it as it would happen sporadically. Be interesting to see how you get on. I'm going to take it off and do some more runs and see how it behaves without the box.

Fully aware of the consequences mate, but not had an issue with the warranty work my dealer has been fine with it and hasn't reported it as part of the warranty to audi as obviously it would be a resounding no. They don't suspect the box has anything to do with the issues.

Didn't launch it again after it was plugged back in. without the box there was a power surge then almost dropped off then picked up again. No TC light or wheel judder though. Will be taking it off and testing it out over the next week or 2 to try and pinpoint if it is the box or not.

Fully aware of the consequences mate, but not had an issue with the warranty work my dealer has been fine with it and hasn't reported it as part of the warranty to audi as obviously it would be a resounding no. They don't suspect the box has anything to do with the issues.

Didn't launch it again after it was plugged back in. without the box there was a power surge then almost dropped off then picked up again. No TC light or wheel judder though. Will be taking it off and testing it out over the next week or 2 to try and pinpoint if it is the box or not.
I personally drive with the TC off so just get wheel spin over a flashing light. Just chasing audi UK atm as the dealer are making me wait 6 weeks so they have a car and after losing my s3 for 3 weeks I just want it sorted!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk