DTUK Tuned RS3 saloon is already achieving 0-60 in 3.2 seconds

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
So our Nardo Saloon landed last week, and in between a few days away with the kids I’ve managed to start our UK development of the MP-Ta box for the latest 400PS Audi RS3.

22829864_10159416533635177_7043851707078635171_o.jpg

22519477_10159376001190177_6260323566917353424_n.jpg

22519117_10159376001195177_952053005316483669_n.jpg

Really impressed with the car, in stock form were seeing 3.7-3.9 0-60 times with the v-box, last week we managed 3.4 seconds 0-60 but with the latest tweak were now seeing 3.2- 3.3 0-60 times via the v-box, and this was with me in the car, and a decent amount of fuel too

22829544_10159420670530177_6487814928465881240_o.jpg

22815641_10159420672675177_4453538138645447300_n.jpg

ill keep this thread updated with any news as and when it happens

Reactions: evil_scooby, xpoweruk, jimojameso and 7 others
And they thought the McLaren F1's 0-60mph would never be beaten. Now there's a family hatchback/saloon capable of such times. Progress!

Tbf the PFL could get there in 3.6 however the FL does seem to tune better.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Dyno?.... how many sensors does it intercept? Two or three?

Will defo be launch control. I find it actually quite sluggish just burying the throttle.

Yes the same here, so much in fact I think the 4.1 second to 60 is a little optimistic for just burying your foot.

Launch control isn’t something I make a habit of using.

Yes the same here, so much in fact I think the 4.1 second to 60 is a little optimistic for just burying your foot.

Launch control isn’t something I make a habit of using.
The 4.1s claim will be using LC. And as we know, Audi are very conservative with their claims!

Lol the car is not sluggish without LC. Yes LC is mental though so you'd need it for the fastest launch.

TX.

Lol the car is not sluggish without LC. Yes LC is mental though so you'd need it for the fastest launch.

TX.

I probably haven't explained what I meant very well. If you just bury the throttle there is quite a lag as the transmission and turbo seemingly get themselves together.

Perhaps if the car isn't expecting that @D0C eg if you are just off the gas so it expects a downshift. From zero though when it is expecting acceleration surely not? Use the paddles though to avoid that sort of thing imho.

TX.

Perhaps if the car isn't expecting that @D0C eg if you are just off the gas so it expects a downshift. From zero though when it is expecting acceleration surely not? Use the paddles though to avoid that sort of thing imho.

TX.

So I mean at a complete standstill, just burying the pedal into the floor, there's almost a delay/lag for the first 5mph, then boom off you go.

With gearbox in sport?!

TX.

Less so in sport but still there. In D and dynamic I find it frustrating. And a tad dangerous if needing to boot it from a roundabout.

With gearbox in sport?!

TX.

It’s to be expected, burying your foot and having to build revs will never be as quick as putting 360hp instantly through the drivetrain.

D0C is describing the build up ‘lag’, not that the car sits there for a few seconds.

Tbf I only drive in dynamic with standard dynamic settings eg sport gearbox, or with the paddles. When just pootling I use bespoke settings with soft suspension and steering, loud engine and D gearbox. If I need some pace I just switch to dynamic or put the box in sport.

TX.

It’s to be expected, burying your foot and having to build revs will never be as quick as putting 360hp instantly through the drivetrain.

D0C is describing the build up ‘lag’, not that the car sits there for a few seconds.
Ha ha it's at least 390 ;)

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Blimey, you lot don't know how lucky we now are...

Call that lag?
You should drive early Turbo'd sports cars...
You could hit the accelerator, make a cup of tea using the cigarette lighter and suddenly... B O O M.
The bigger the turbo, the greater the lag.

I ****** loved it.. this linear acceleration stuff is far too sensible.
Made you have to think and keep it in the right rev range otherwise you were mugged off by grannies in their Austin Allegros.

Reactions: Joe4842, Terminator x and AudiNutta

Call that lag?
You could hit the accelerator, make a cup of tea using the cigarette lighter and suddenly... B O O M.

Made you have to think and keep it in the right rev range otherwise you were mugged off by grannies in their Austin Allegros.
My brother has an old MG Maestro Turbo...it's bonkers. Proper old skool turbo lag! Part of the problem is that being an auto you can't build the revs and slip the clutch like you would in a manual car. But hey, it's a minor minor gripe with an otherwise awesome car.

Reactions: Evotion

Call that lag?

One thing I noticed from the S3 and RS3 differences is lag in the RS3. You can downshift to high revs in the S3 and it accelerates quickly, but do the same in the RS3 and it’s like you catch it off guard and you have to wait for the turbo. I’d never noticed it in the S3 at all. Not an issue, just learning how to drive each and made me use the torque more in the RS3.

Dyno?.... how many sensors does it intercept? Two or three?

I had a DTUK box on the GTD and one on my R and never had any issues, worked an absolute treat! The R was a bigger though, had to remove the undertray and connect it to the battery...wasn’t a long process, just not easy to take off.

May be interested in one when I get mine!

Reactions: evil_scooby
yes ive had TMC boxes on all my car bar the rx7
and never had any issues

One thing I noticed from the S3 and RS3 differences is lag in the RS3. You can downshift to high revs in the S3 and it accelerates quickly, but do the same in the RS3 and it’s like you catch it off guard and you have to wait for the turbo. I’d never noticed it in the S3 at all. Not an issue, just learning how to drive each and made me use the torque more in the RS3.
i havent used the power in the rs3 yet but i found the s3 had quite a lot of lag, not to the extent of old turbo cars though lol (some old turbo cars had lag that could be measured in days,lol)

Call that lag?

yeh, just when you turn left or right on a roundabout...it was why turbo cars werent that popular

LOL the A45 is "more powerful" yet not as quick. Perhaps the RS3 is closer to 400hp after all :tearsofjoy:

TX.

But, does anyone have any experience with warranty claims after use of a DTUK box? If Audi are that clever?

Reactions: Tristan2
But, does anyone have any experience with warranty claims after use of a DTUK box? If Audi are that clever?
They never detected mine on the Golf R after it went in for service (obviously I'd removed it).

They never detected mine on the Golf R after it went in for service (obviously I'd removed it).

Or me! Never missed a trick and it was epic on both the Mk7 GTD and R. Very tempted by one of these

Reactions: MoKha
These things are tempting. But you guys know me and if something could go wrong, it does for me and my car.

For that reason I think it will be left well alone.

Reactions: Joe4842
My brother has an old MG Maestro Turbo...it's bonkers. Proper old skool turbo lag! Part of the problem is that being an auto you can't build the revs and slip the clutch like you would in a manual car. But hey, it's a minor minor gripe with an otherwise awesome car.
My brother had a montego turbo which had an issue with the setup meaning it was doing 20psi boost.....however, the engine management limiter would kick in and cut it power to prevent engine detonation i guess, lol....however at the time it was ****** quick to 30-40mph,lol

Reactions: D0C
I’ve had tuning boxes on the majority of my new cars... still got one on the A1...... no issues at all and only took 5 mins to install and remove

Don't do it.. Don't give into the dark side.

You're gonna scare your welsh tits off as it is!

Enjoy the car for 6 months to a year and see how you feel.
I am assuming you can't afford a warranty refusal....

Reactions: Joe4842 and teslaboy
Don't do it.. Don't give into the dark side.

You're gonna scare your welsh tits off as it is!

Enjoy the car for 6 months to a year and see how you feel.
I am assuming you can't afford a warranty refusal....

“Welsh Tits” :lmfao:

Oh yes the car is quick no doubt about that, can’t wait :) But if you take yourself back to when I had one on loan, I did say I’d earned a new respect for it. It’s not all about speed, it’s the whole package.

Nope I wouldn’t want a warranty refusal.. I’m sure a lot of us would be the same in not choosing to take on a several thousand pound repair bill. I’ve seen this come true recently with a friends RS3, it had been remapped and the gearbox packed in the same night (car driven hard regularly). £5800 for a gearbox, without fitting. Audi found out about the remap, despite it having been returned to stock before going in.