1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTUK epc light issue

iLikefishing Sep 10, 2018

1. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 S1 sportback which I really like, I bought a second hand DTUK tuning box recently but after using it for a couple of days it is triggering my EPC light, a friend checked for me and the fault code code is for overboost, anyone have any experience of this issue or know of anyone that may be able to help with it ? After removing the box the car has reverted back to normal but if possible I would like to re-fit it if repairing/adjusting/updating it, so it gets on with my car better, is possible.

Regards Fish

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. S1_Luke

S1_Luke New Member

Hi Fish,

EPC lights from the box are caused by 1, a genuine issue 2, turning the box up too high which your car can't handle or 3, you've connected something up wrong.
    Is the box a newer box or an older style?
    There may be a few solutions to getting your box to work with your car but it may take a few fault finding processes to get you up and running.

4. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

Hi Luke,
    Thanks for your reply, I am guessing its not very new as I bought it from eBay second hand, I tried it on all the different settings, pretty sure I connected it correctly. I went off a video on youtube as a guide and the plugs matched perfectly, but I am open that I may well not have been 100% correct. Is there a way of telling if its old or new type ? And I suppose (knowing what eBay can be like sometimes) even if it is actually programmed for my car ? I would love to learn the solutions to getting it to work and open to paying for help should I need to, just not to much if possible. Any help and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Fish

5. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

IMG_0645.JPG This is the box I have, no idea if you can tell from a pic if its new or old type.
    Cheers Fish

6. S1_Luke

S1_Luke New Member

Hi Fish,

From the photo you attached it is a newer style box so a reason could just be a genuine faulty box..
    Did you try other settings or did you just try one, got an error and removed it?

7. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

Hi Luke, I tried every setting on the box, had the car fault code reset, it came again, reset again and ECU set to kind of re-learn the signals and the light came on again, all was normal with the shorting plug inserted in place of the box so I removed it from the car.

8. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

Any idea if anyone can repair these boxes ?

9. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

10. iLikefishing

iLikefishing New Member

I will give it a go, but think it may be better on the telephone, it does say on there website that they don't support second hand units but I suppose if I hint that if it is indeed a faulty box I may buy a new one they might help, of course for their help I would gladly pay. I will try ringing them tomorrow.

Cheers :thumbs up: