DTUK CRD3+ GOLF GTD MK7 WITH APP CONTROL TUNING BOX 2.0L 184 Diesel

springer

Reaction score
Just managed to get this in an Ebay auction. I am hoping it's a direct fit for my A3 2.0 TDI 184 Quattro S Tronic. Anybody tried a similar set up?

Just managed to get this in an Ebay auction. I am hoping it's a direct fit for my A3 2.0 TDI 184 Quattro S Tronic. Anybody tried a similar set up?

I would ask Andrew from DTUK, his tag is @ABYSS. I would have thought you may need a new file for it

Reactions: springer
we have different files depending on transmission, and 2wd or 4wd. So if your car is Quattro then a box from a GTD will require a software update.

This is chargeable on second hand boxes, but ss you have the app control it can be sorted remotely :)

Reactions: NevMan and springer
we have different files depending on transmission, and 2wd or 4wd. So if your car is Quattro then a box from a GTD will require a software update.

This is chargeable on second hand boxes, but ss you have the app control it can be sorted remotely :)
Thanks for the quick reply ABYSS. How do I go about this and what is the cost please?

Reactions: NevMan
you’re looking at £75 plus vat.

You’d need to install the wiring loom and box to the car, register and log into the app.

Link the app/phone to the box and make sure the ignition is on, but dont start or run the car. I you open the app up and go into settings you’ll find a 6 digital code, or actually once you’ve paired your phone to the box the easier option is to go into bluetooth profiles and youll see DTE followed by a 6 digital code.

We require the 6 digit code, the email address youve registered the app with and we can then send the new/updated file to the app. You then connect back up to the box via bluetooth and download the file onto the box

Reactions: springer and NevMan
Thanks for the quick reply ABYSS. How do I go about this and what is the cost please?

or if you have a USB to micro USB cable we can sort it without connecting it to the car, which to be honest is the safest option

or if you have a USB to micro USB cable we can sort it without connecting it to the car, which to be honest is the safest option
Seems my bargain wasn't that much of a bargain after all But I guess it has to be done and so glad I found you here!:icon thumright: Cable is no problem. But box has not been delivered yet. I should have it by next week. Shall I contact you directly? Box is actually on the way from Bristol to a friend of mine in Essex as guy did not want to ship outside the UK (I am from Malta). My friend will then ship it to Malta next week. You don't happen to have an agent in Essex do you?

Last edited:
Standard Crd3
Ok. With Andrew's excellent service, new software was installed over the air and box is now fitted on car with very good results. No warning lights or errors at all so far. The attached readings speak for themselves. Photo on the left is without box. The one on the right with box on.

Last edited:
Reactions: stote
View attachment 174005 View attachment 174006
Ok. With Andrew's excellent service, new software was installed over the air and box is now fitted on car with very good results. No warning lights or errors at all so far. The attached readings speak for themselves. Photo on the left is without box. The one on the right with box on.

How does the car reacts to the extra power? Does it spin a lot?
What differences you noticed more?

Though you can feel the extra power and torque the quattro distributes it nicely and there is no torque steer or excessive wheel spin unless you drive very aggressively or on unstable surfaces. I am not an aggressive driver myself. I never launched the car. The readings I showed are from rolling starts. The counter starts at 5 km/h. A standing start/launch will actually give you a better time.
I think the mobile app of the crd3+ is a real asset and you will not need to open the bonnet to do any of the settings including fine tuning of the three main settings. Not to mention that online update to the quattro software was made through the app as well.

Thought I'd add to this thread rather than starting a new one.

Would a DTUK box from a manual MK7 Golf GTD directly fit all other VAG 2.0 TDI 184ps engines that are also front wheel drive and manual regardless of make? I have a manual A3 8V 2.0 TDI 184ps 2WD and was told from DTUK that a box taken from a manual MK7 GTD would not directly fit my car as the software is different. However, all the SEAT, VW and Skoda forums I've searched through have told me that the box can be transferred between all the 2.0 TDI 184ps engines as long as the drivetrain and transmissions are the same. Any truth in this or have I been misinformed?