DTUK CRD3+ - A3 8V 2.0tdi 150ps Stronic

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've recently bought and installed a CRD3+ to my A3. I got a very very good deal from Andy Pawley who runs the company, and was given a very personal and helpful buying experience from start to finish.

The kit was very easy to install due to both the design of the whole thing and also to how easily followed the instructions are. Fitting took me less than half an hour. This particular system connects to three sensors under the bonnet: common rail sensor, camshaft sensor and boost sensor.

Firstly, I removed the plastic engine cover from the engine bay and placed to the side out of the way. Next, I laid out the wiring loom and routed it around the engine bay so when the installation was finished it wouldn't be seen, and so the box itself would end up between my airbox and battery. After this, i set about locating the sensors and unplugging them one by one. The camshaft sensor required the removal of a torx screw (T27 i think) that holds a small pipe in place, this needed moved ever so slightly to allow the oem plug to be removed. Once this was done, I started to connect the loom to each sensor and then replace the torx screw that was previously removed for the camshaft sensor. Next up was connecting the box to the loom, this was a case of simply plugging the two together. With that all done, I replaced the engine cover and closed the bonnet.

The CRD3+ system has three different maps and within each map is 6 power settings. I haven't got to try them all thoroughly enough yet to give a good description of each. However, so far I've decided that map 2 is my favourite. Map 2 delivers smooth but relentless power and torque throughout the rev range and seems to be more suited to my driving style than the other two maps. I will update this thread in the future once I've tried all maps and settings thoroughly.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading this post, and as for the power figures I'll need to get the car on a rolling road to see what gains it provided. DTUK quote 200PS and 445NM from this sytem!

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,248
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,039
Reactions: Bittern, Rob2k68 and RO65ERS
I also installed the new DTUK CRD3+ box today on my TDI(manual). I took my time, it was pretty simple to do.

OMG the power is superb and it has totally changed the car. Really happy with it.

I was advised by the chap on the phone(Stuart) to try map 2 with a +1, as this was what was liked in testing in the past by other people with the same engine. It gives relentless power all the way to the red line. I might try different maps combo's in the future but for now I'm happy!

Problem now is while giving it some, I tend to have a quick look down at what the revs are doing and not what speed I'm doing lol

Thanks @RyanCudlip for your great right up above and for the pics you posted of what it looks like installed

Last edited:
Looking to do this myself in the near future again 150tdi.
Roughly what are the 3 maps
1- little more power than stock
2- good performance increase
3-max performance but at the cost of drivability?
Then within that there's increments on each base map?

Any downsides so far?

I had a mk7 GTD over a year ago, the performance wasn't enough for me so I purchased a tuning box from dtuk and it was nothing short of brilliant. In comparison to fitting a similar tuning box in the r, it's literally a 5 min job on a diesel!!!! So so easy to take off and on. Once you've fitted it twice its second nature. It's really does transform the car. 3rd gear was a beast!!!!!!! The torque was mental. Could wheel spin easily in the wet if flooring it in 3rd.

I always went to 3 plus 3

Looking to do this myself in the near future again 150tdi.
Roughly what are the 3 maps
1- little more power than stock
2- good performance increase
3-max performance but at the cost of drivability?
Then within that there's increments on each base map?

Any downsides so far?

This is the best description for the "maps" as written at the bottom of the provided installation instructions..............

Quote: The maps provided DO NOT increase in order of power, i.e. Map 3 is NOT more powerful than map 1. The different maps deliver the SAME power in different ways to suit different driving styles :Un-quote

NO down sides for me, just more fun!

reading this post has made me even more enthused about buying one of these. i have just bought the car, its an 150 8v too. i have the throttle response set to dynamic and even at stock the car still puts a smile on my face. the fact that the performance of the car would be even better is awesome. i ideally would like to observe one getting installed though. i have read on many forums that map 2 is the most popular. one thing i really have noticed is the torque is mostly between 2-4000 revs. after this there is pretty much nothing up to the red line. i like the fact that a tuning box resolves this.

can i ask you guys how you phrased this tuning box to your insurance firms? also how much did they add to your premium?