Dtuk box

Oakesy83

Reaction score
hi all,

I've had my a3 8v sports back 2.0tdi 150 for a month now and I was looking at buying a dtuk tuning box. My cars on pcp will they know if I remove the box come service time and re install it ? Also does anyone know if I can fit lowering springs as the cars on pcp?

From what I've seen on here the box once removed does not leave a trace so they will not know. As for springs I'd imagine that if there was a fault with a shock etc, then would I would assume it's not coved but just change it back to stock.

That's good then, only prob is have if I fit the springs and change the alloys if have to swap them everytime I have a serivce once a year! Think I will ring the sales guy no ask him the question, hopefully I can fingers crossed

The sales guy won't be able to help, once they have the sale the interest diminishes at an alarming rate. You could ask service dept but they are likely to give you the official answer of no mods are acceptable. I'm a cautious kinda guy and I'd say take the box off before a service but don't worry about the springs as they are not likely road crud.

Take the box and cables off don't just blank the box port off and leave cables in. I run a DTUK box on my S3 and many have with no problems or TD1 warranty code when it goes back to the dealers.

Speak to service manager, basically alloys won't affect warranty and the springs only affect the shocks so if they weren't covered under warranty then it's just springs and shocks you would need to pay for.

Take the box and cables off don't just blank the box port off and leave cables in. I run a DTUK box on my S3 and many have with no problems or TD1 warranty code when it goes back to the dealers.

Speak to service manager, basically alloys won't affect warranty and the springs only affect the shocks so if they weren't covered under warranty then it's just springs and shocks you would need to pay for.

what do you think of your dtuk box mate? have you had it on a dyno yet if so what sort of power is it running? looking to get one for my s3 just want to know a little bit more about them before I get one

Thanks

I've got springs and alloy upgrades on my car and it's been to Audi numerous times for services, health checks, warranty issues regarding the headlight and they've never battered an eye lid at them, only to say how nice the car looked

I had my S3 Dyno'd at MLS performance. I do also have the APR intake fitted as well as the DTUK box and that pulled 380BHP. I've never had any issues with the car and the performance from the box has been very steady. If i'm honest i do prefer a conventional remap but with the warranty side of things better protected with DTUK box i definitely cannot complain with the performance. The car has been into Audi for its first service & warranty work and nothing has ever been mentioned. Hope this helps you

I've been running the DTUK box for 6 months now couldn't go back to driving a stock S3 now. It changes the car completely.

£80 off with 'fast80' hopefully it still works

whats peoples thoughts on it being "warranty safe"? To me being warranty safe is being able to leave it on and if the car breaks they still cover it for e.g like the mountune kits on fords. Personally think its a bit of false advertising, saying that...ill be ordering one when ours arrives

I had a mini before the S3 , and had it lowered on coilovers and a milltek exhaust fitted . I got an abs/tc light on, and it was under warranty . I phoned BMW before putting it in telling them about the mods, and would it affect he claim . Was told as long as I had not nipped a wire during fitting then they would honour it , which they did (dsc pump) . It was back for a few things (Quite a few ! ) and they never batted an eyelid at the mods on the car .

I know Andy who owns dtuk , excellent guy to deal with , and some great products ..

Some manufacturers are soo picky!

I work for a main dealer and I've seen cars come in, modified to the heavens. Full systems, clearly remapped, fmic etc and we've still covered their failed turbo etc.

Is the car yours when on PCP? Or who does own it?

I like mine, good over all package for power/mpg/warranty.

Might be selling S3 soon anyway so will be selling dtuk box soon if I get rid of S3.

R and proper map time

Had my DTUK box installed for a week, like others have said it completely changes the car. It's taken some getting use to but it feels a fair bit quicker. Still very smooth

Here is my slip from Shakespeare raceway on Sunday. Just running a DTUK box - 1/4 mile in 12.5 @ 110mph

I like mine, good over all package for power/mpg/warranty.

Might be selling S3 soon anyway so will be selling dtuk box soon if I get rid of S3.

R and proper map time
Let me know if you want to sell the intake, if opting for a map on the R with the same engine I guess that tells us what you think of the Box ?