DTUK 2.0 TFSI?

D-Lat

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a DTUK tuning box to a petrol B9? Or any previous model petrol for that matter?

Considering it but not sure how good it’s likely to be? Never fitted a tuning box before and heard they may not work/perform as well on the petrols as they do on the diesels.

Stats from the manufacturer look good - increase from 190PS to 240PS.

I have one fitted to my S4 and would recommend them. Dyno proven increases and excellent service from Andrew, the owner. They’re easy to install and remove if needed and really liven up the car in my experience. Also had the previous generation box on my B8.5 3.0 tdi and it was the same experience.

There might even be a forum discount if you give them a phone, I can’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also been looking at this, how does the warranty hold up?

They work very well on turbo petrol engines and give a good boost to not only power but also, more importantly torque as well. I had one on my 1.4tfsi A3 and the performance was very good as it not only increased the output but made it more progessive and usable...

Reactions: Daggerit
Sounds like they are well worth the money then.

How does the warranty hold up with these fitted? Understand they are removed prior to servicing. Is there any trace on the ECU though?

There'll be some historical traces, if they are skilled enough to look deep enough, however with the three cars I have had remapped or with the boxes, nothing suspicious has ever been found.
There are some claiming that that they've seen a 'certain' letter in forums that is similar to a td1 but no-one has produced any evidence to support this when they've had the boxes removed before a service.
They would probably need to be suspicious first then send a copy of the map back to base in Germany...

@D-Lat, @france71 - did either of you pull the trigger here? Would be keen to hear of your experiences?
No I didn't. Fear of the warranty and what the insurance company might say put me off doing anything. A shame as I feel the engine has lots to offer and could be better refined

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do feel that the standard maps for VAG engine seem to be better than most other manufacturers, though, like many, the engine does seem to run out of puff at the extreme end of the rpm range which seems to be typical of modern turbo engines. This is probably due to the torque and power tailing off and could be made to be more linear. Perhaps this is built in to discourage un-necessary high rpm I don't know.
However a remap or a tuning box should solve this...

I haven’t yet but still considering. I did check with my insurance and seemed to add approximately £100 to the annual premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do feel that the standard maps for VAG engine seem to be better than most other manufacturers, though, like many, the engine does seem to run out of puff at the extreme end of the rpm range which seems to be typical of modern turbo engines. This is probably due to the torque and power tailing off and could be made to be more linear. Perhaps this is built in to discourage un-necessary high rpm I don't know.
However a remap or a tuning box should solve this...

The engines run out of puff at the top end of the rpm only for longevity of the engine as this is where the most boost would be produced, boost=heat=shorter life span of the engine.
This is usually the case in nearly all turbo cars as the intercoolers cant cope with the ACT's at the top end and with petrol cars ****** the timing.