DTUK 1.8 TFSI Quattro

dboi10

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had a DTUK box on a 1.8 TFSI Quattro 6sp S tronic? If so, what's the experience so far? is it worth it? I'm considering it for my MY16 3dr.
cheers

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had a DTUK box on a 1.8 TFSI Quattro 6sp S tronic? If so, what's the experience so far? is it worth it? I'm considering it for my MY16 3dr.
cheers

I had A DTUK on my 2016 VW polo GTi 1.8TFSI In short its amazing! It really sharpens up the engine and the car! Well worth it

Reactions: dboi10
Hi everyone,
cheers

I've been thinking about a remap for my 2014 1.8tfsi manual. The PDR guy I was speaking to recently (while he was sorting a dent on my car) said I wouldn't really gain a lot from it so not sure whether it's worth doing.

Do remaps affect resale value as well as I wouldn't be comfortable not disclosing it to any potential buyer?

Reactions: KenL
I've been thinking about a remap for my 2014 1.8tfsi manual. The PDR guy I was speaking to recently (while he was sorting a dent on my car) said I wouldn't really gain a lot from it so not sure whether it's worth doing.

Do remaps affect resale value as well as I wouldn't be comfortable not disclosing it to any potential buyer?

A DTUK box....is not a remap. You never change the engine control fully, as its a piggy back system.

The good thing is you remove it in 20 minutes and the car is back to stock.

A remap will always be visable on the ECU, hence can be traced by dealers and could potentially effect warranty ETC.

A dtuk will do everything you want if this is your first engine mod and then you can decided if you want to go full remap in the future!

Im a DTUK 3 car veteran and Its so easy and simple, there are hardly any reasons not to go for it!

A DTUK box....is not a remap. You never change the engine control fully, as its a piggy back system.
The good thing is you remove it in 20 minutes and the car is back to stock.
A remap will always be visable on the ECU, hence can be traced by dealers and could potentially effect warranty ETC.
A dtuk will do everything you want if this is your first engine mod and then you can decided if you want to go full remap in the future!
Im a DTUK 3 car veteran and Its so easy and simple, there are hardly any reasons not to go for it!

I realise a DTUK box is different to a remap, but I meant the principles are the same in terms of it tweaking settings to improve performance. My point was that I was told doing that (via either remap, which is what I was considering, or DTUK box) wouldn't provide that good a gains compared to doing the same on a diesel. This did seem to be contrary to a lot of threads I've read though.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a DTUK box, but then found I'd need to remove the tray under the engine which I didn't fancy having to do before service/MOT's as I'm a complete novice when it comes to car mechanics so I decided against.

I can only assume the PDR guy thought your car was N/A. N/A vehicles don't tend to get good returns via remaps or tuning boxes, as there's relatively little you can actually change.

Turbo'd engines (regardless of fuel) tend to show decent power gains from remaps/tuning boxes.

However, don't assume just because you can quickly whip a box back off the car, it goes undetectable when you go in for warranty work, they can (and do) get detected by means of stored logs and registers showing sensors out of spec or showing unexpected readings for the speed/conditions.

I can only assume the PDR guy thought your car was N/A. N/A vehicles don't tend to get good returns via remaps or tuning boxes, as there's relatively little you can actually change.

Turbo'd engines (regardless of fuel) tend to show decent power gains from remaps/tuning boxes.

However, don't assume just because you can quickly whip a box back off the car, it goes undetectable when you go in for warranty work, they can (and do) get detected by means of stored logs and registers showing sensors out of spec or showing unexpected readings for the speed/conditions.
I Have not heard of any DTUK owner having warranties rejected, because of the box?

(Apart from those dicks leave theirs on when they go in to the garage)

I don't have the box but I have the pedal box and that makes a huge difference to me by itself. The car feels so sluggish without it when I drop it to the dealers. My next mod is the dtuk box after a few intake mods.

If I increase the air flow into the engine would this mess up the air/fuel ratio or will the dtuk box sort this?

Reactions: RSS-S3
I don't have the box but I have the pedal box and that makes a huge difference to me by itself. The car feels so sluggish without it when I drop it to the dealers. My next mod is the dtuk box after a few intake mods.

If I increase the air flow into the engine would this mess up the air/fuel ratio or will the dtuk box sort this?

The box is self regulating!

Mod mod mod!

Thanks for comments so far.
Anyone with a DTUK box comment on fuel economy? Is it simply more power = less economy?

Thanks for comments so far.
Anyone with a DTUK box comment on fuel economy? Is it simply more power = less economy?
Can't comment on petrol, but on my 2.0TDI it certainly isn't returning lower MPG with DTUK fitted.

It might just be the engine naturally loosening up, but my economy is actually better since I had the box.

(calculated tank to tank, not from trip computer)

Reactions: dboi10