DTM register / owners thread

Hi new to the group, just picked up a black DTM. Big things about to happen with it watch this space:tonguewink:
89620EE2 DDDE 480A 8C28 6A5A7889B219
409166F5 7009 4AA1 AE56 0D05A200EBE4
22089412 E4D6 4F10 9E91 295F0E446277

Reactions: DTM Tom, RedexElmo, AvantMike and 2 others
Today around 3.10 pm passed two DTM's in convoy, a Sprint Blue and Silver in the Crowthorne area. Would have said hello if there was a convenient place to have stopped.
What are the chances of 3 DTM's in a row without planning?
Say hi if it was you.
Toot.

I live in Crowthorne and have a Silver DTM but its current in my garage mid turbo replacement so it wasn't me! I have seen another Silver one around here but not a Blue one.

I just part exchanged my Sprint Blue A4 DTM (KE06 CRX) so I expect it will be on sale or at a trade auction shortly. It was extremely well loved and will be a great buy for someone.

I just part exchanged my Sprint Blue A4 DTM (KE06 CRX) so I expect it will be on sale or at a trade auction shortly. It was extremely well loved and will be a great buy for someone.

Just seen this on Facebook marketplace. It’s up for 6k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OxfordRich
Just seen this on Facebook marketplace. It’s up for 6k
Great spot, thanks!
It’s got a lot of stuff the advert doesn’t mention (034 catalyst, full milltek, 034 hoses, rs4 engine and snub mounts, s-line MFSW, etc, etc but good luck to them and it’s next owner)

To follow on, this is my DTM :) Perhaps someone knows some history of it?

As said, it's throwing the ol' P2293 fault code. Will pull and pull then hit a wall about 80, do nothing with my foot to the floor for maybe 5-10 seconds, then pull again, then nothing. Not an issue really since the speed limit is 70 ;) but I'd like it fixed.

Bought it with no experience of TFSI motors (last few cars have been an Impreza, 2 Mustangs and an Audi S2) but knew it wasn't running quite right and was prepared for a bit of outlay to get it running spot on. Interior is mint, body will polish up good, handles well and alloys are mint, so a little motor tinkering didn't scare me off as I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

PCV is FUBAR and is being replaced with standard latest revision this weekend. Piston style DV to go on at the same time.
Coils and plugs were done last weekend for the red R8 items. The coils in the car were 3 different types including one that was about an inch shorter than the others :/
Thermostat needs doing, that looks fun...

The car came with a fuel pump cam follower included, so the previous owner was clearly aware of an issue, but my fuel pressure woes get interesting when looking at the history. Cam follower and timing chain done 2 years ago, a little over 10k. I'll replace it anyway and inspect things this weekend but all indications point towards it being a worn cam lobe. C'est la vie. If/once that's confirmed I'll be replacing the inlet cam, cam chain, new HPFP (vismotorsport seem to be good value and reports) and timing belt. When I'm happy that it's in good standard nick it looks like a high flow cat, full exhaust and a stage 2 map gives this motor some decent poke.

DTM1
DTM2

Hi mate if you scroll back through the time I do remember a member called jay having a similar problem to yours. Worth checking out?

Reactions: Sidrick
Thanks bud, I found his thread. Looks like it ended up being a kinked fuel line?

Mine got a lot worse today, which is good in terms of diagnostics. An audible boost leak and ****** all go about it. DV and PCV tomorrow as well as a general leak check. Once these are done I'd imagine the fueling issues will become more obvious, but I'm still fairly sure it'll be the cam lobe judging by the noise it makes, but I'll hopefully be able to confirm that by popping out the follower.

Not a great wrenching day yesterday.

PCV - Replaced the valve and both pipes. The car now idles nicely with no rev fluctuation. It stalls when I remove the oil filler cap. I believe this is normal?

HPFP - Went to do the cam follower and inspect the camshaft. Disconnected everything, nice easy job... go to undo the lower banjo and the bit just spins.... completely rounded by someone in the past. Tried a few tricks and different tools but the potential for damaging things further just for an inspection job was too high. It's still my daily. I've a complete new HPFP from VIS coming and bought a used fuel line that'll work with the later bamboo style fitting, so I'll just remove it all in one when doing the upgrade.

DV - Went to remove the old one and taking off the electrical connector looks more difficult than the bolts. As I was inspecting this I saw the part number on the old unit (and it does look old) is the same as the Pierburg replacement I had.... so stopped. Do these later style piston DVs fail?

Hey, new to Audi community and new DTM owner. Mine is in red and can be seen driving around in Estonia.
Also can someone link me where can I do more research on this model, only things I know it's rare as "250" made and it's special edition :)

Mods so far:
RS grill
K&N air filter
DV swap out

Attachments

• 116319980__01.jpg
    116319980__01.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Reactions: Sidrick
Hey, new to Audi community and new DTM owner. Mine is in red and can be seen driving around in Estonia.
Also can someone link me where can I do more research on this model, only things I know it's rare as "250" made and it's special edition :)

Mods so far:
RS grill
K&N air filter
DV swap out

Looks great!

I own a blue DTM -07 here in Finland :) 350-380Whp dynoed 350whp but upgraded after that so around 380whp and more from engine :)

Thanks bud, I found his thread. Looks like it ended up being a kinked fuel line?

Mine got a lot worse today, which is good in terms of diagnostics. An audible boost leak and ****** all go about it. DV and PCV tomorrow as well as a general leak check. Once these are done I'd imagine the fueling issues will become more obvious, but I'm still fairly sure it'll be the cam lobe judging by the noise it makes, but I'll hopefully be able to confirm that by popping out the follower.

Hi sidrick. I’ve not been around for a while but it was my DTM that had the same code and it wasn’t just a kinked fuel line. I spent over £1800 in labour and bits and found the following was at fault (thought I’d mentioned it all in the post)
Mine started off with hesitation high in the Rev range with the same code and then at its worse it would not go over 3000 rpm.

First thing that failed was the lift pump in the fuel tank. This was replaced but it was too late as it also burnt out the fuel chip that sits on top of the fuel tank and controls the high pressure fuel deliver. Along the was I also replaced the following which for me was not the cause but gave me peace of mind
Fuel filter
HPFP
Coil Packs

I’m a new owner of this beautiful DTM
7d8758b4a78fe8b4d56d6a5bdf8499e6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu_b7, AvantMike and Sidrick
Hi guys, new to this forum but proud owner of a DTM for 2 years now, I know im a little late to the party but its nice to know theres a forum for these cars because i had some questions (which have all been answered just by reading this topic from A to Z)
Greetings from Croatia
b349950ce6f8484b271d8e6ebc74e082.jpg

81b82c1e93b72cc01552192f3d5a7003.jpg

P.S.
The car was silver before but some Fn dbag threw brake fluid all over the car and I had to repaint it, so I choose a beautiful Misano Red color. Cheers

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, GDCAUDIA4B7 and Sidrick
Looking for a last little bit of help maybe you dtm chaps could help with.

Looking to fit 18z calipers to my special ed ( posting here as my special ed has the same suspension/wheel setup) and just wondered what spacers if any are needed to correct the offset so stock dtm alloys fit over the top.

Cheers chaps

Hi guys first post, I've just signed up to reply here!

Proud owner of this 50k DTM awesome spec and the lowest mileage one I've seen for a few years. I'm 19 years old but owned it since I was 18. Been restoring it to a good condition slowly due to illness but its due to be on the road in January. So far..
Full Service with uprated plugs
Cambelt and waterpump
Paintwork done
Painted headlights
Engine mounts
Cam follower
Painted the Disks
Cleaned all under the car.

Got a few things to do in the new year.
Front pads
Vac pump seals
Interior and numberplate LEDs
MOT and Tax

I've attached a photo from before I bought the car.

Attachments

• IMG_9908.jpg
    IMG_9908.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 332
Hi Tom, welcome. Did you recently post on the DTM Facebook group? Car looks awesome!

Yes mate that was me! I've owned it a few months but finally decided to get some online prescence, been reading these forums top to bottom for years and decided that I might as well add my own mark

Hi all, spent the last couple of weeks clicking through this thread, drooling. Is anyone looking to sell, if so send me a message. Preference is Sprint Blue, but open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
What's the going rate just now?
Depends on mileage, there were 2 on autotrader at the end of last year for £10k with 50k miles. I bought one of them seen a few on the market for £7k with under 100k miles. And then there's the higher mileage ones or ones that need some tlc that are anything from £3-6k

There was also a black on on autotrader at the start of 2019 with sub 20k miles. It was a rather basic spec though. I think that one was originally listed for £20k

Having not seen that DTM press info sheet for some time , a quick read through does highlight an ongoing debate as too weather the "BUL" engine is the same spec as the other 2.0tfsi engine used in the B7 platfrom.

Wording albeit brief does suggest it is different , does not mention what was changed just that is was modified by Quattro GmbH .
So with that in mind since the DTM's and special editions (220) were made at the RS factory that does suggest they are not quite the same after all.

Also would account for why when ever I need parts , I allways get , No that wont work sir as yours is a "BUL " engine and many of the parts are different.

Hi guys,

New to the forum, just brought a slightly rough around the edges dtm but generally not a bad car. It's clearly had a slight tickle in the past as it's got a horrid fiberglass front bumper so I'm on the lookout for a genuine front bumper, condition not important so long as no major damage. Do you know of any that are for sale???

Lastly, any major common issues with these to look out for??

Thanks
Ian