New lift pump in the tank
New HPFP
New G410 sensor
Oil Change
Fuel Filter

And Plugs the end of the week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, what's the car doing mate?

Wouldn't go a above 4000 rpm under heavy acceleration initially.
Some reading with VCDS pointed to the lift pump in the tank. Changed that and was worse.
Then looked to be the HPFP, changed that and it was better

Changed the oil, filter and fuel filter and then started playing up again. Changed the G410 low pressure sensor but didn't sort it out. Error code are P0087 pressure too low.

All the symptoms were classic lift pump HPFP failure but if the plugs don't resolve the issue then I'm at a loss. As the car is fine on idle and drives on under light load.

Plugs should arrive tomorrow so will try those after that may have to get the injectors cleaned or replaced with S3 ones.

Last edited:
Bit of a long shot but it could be the ecu. I had a similar problem on my rs turbo, engine cut out at 3.5k rpm. Luckily I went straight to a tuner who told me it was likely the ecu before I started changing too many things. If you need to use a donor ecu, I'd be happy to help. I'm in Slough & I think your in Reading so not too far. Has the ecu been exposed to water? You'd hope the diagnostics would tell you exactly where the problem is but that's not always the case as you know. Good luck Jay!

I just spoke to a mechanic at work, he's no Audi expert. He guessed it could be the pressure valve on fuel rail or injectors.

I just spoke to a mechanic at work, he's no Audi expert. He guessed it could be the pressure valve on fuel rail or injectors.

Cheers Wozza. Appreciate the offer and will bear that in mind.

Injectors are next on my list aswell. VCDS is being very specific around the fuelling, will keep you posted.

Once it's sorted would be good to have little meet up of DTMs in the area.

Reactions: WozzaAK
i think it might be a faulty coil pack mate

I did think about that however there is no evidence of it. It's firing on all cylinders and I can get through the rev range if I do it gingerly but under full load I get the issue. Might see if there are any tests I can do through VCDS to check the coil packs.

I had a similar issue with my Octavia VRS TFSI engine. It wouldn't rev passed 4.5k -5K revs. It was like hitting the engine limiter 2K revs too early, if you know what I mean?

It turned out to be the Crank shaft Angle/position sensor also known as the speed sensor on the gearbox housing, near the flywheel. You could check that isn't faulty. Worth a try ;)

I had a similar issue with my Octavia VRS TFSI engine. It wouldn't rev passed 4.5k -5K revs. It was like hitting the engine limiter 2K revs too early, if you know what I mean?

It turned out to be the Crank shaft Angle/position sensor also known as the speed sensor on the gearbox housing, near the flywheel. You could check that isn't faulty. Worth a try ;)

Rog. Did the issue happen even if you drove the car gently. For instance if you used light throttle could you get it to go to the red line?BTW have a main thread about this in the main A4 section.

Rog. Did the issue happen even if you drove the car gently. For instance if you used light throttle could you get it to go to the red line?BTW have a main thread about this in the main A4 section.

No, it wouldn't go passed 5k rpm, no matter what. The fault did show up on VCDS when I scanned it though.

I'll check out the main section too.

Edit. Just checked out your other thread. It doesn't sound like the same issue as I had. Yours being more fuel related, judging by the symptoms that your car is experiencing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaybv6
some of my DTM, and for sale unfortunatly !

Reactions: Bradderz_1988, Audi-Rog, DieselJake and 1 other person
Yellow DTM for sale on autotrader!

Not mine but it's the first yellow DTM I've ever seen advertised for sale.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705125392620

I've seen this for sale privately on eBay before. The seller had it up for sale for around 4.5K. It looked a little rough around the edges. Definately looks alot better now though. Not sure it's worth 7K at the moment? That's some mark up too if the dealer bought it for sub 4K :astonished:

Here's the original old ad on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Audi...7&clk_rvr_id=1221280901029&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Crikey, they've turned that around. It looked a mess in the eBay add.

Don't think I could live with a yellow one but it would be the one to have as an investment I recon.

Reactions: Audi-Rog
got the car back the other day,

what you think??

img_1345-jpg.131379

Liking the look of the stance and the colour of the wheels.

Mine need returning and I'm wondering what colour to go for. Might get all 6 wheels done. However I'm falling in love with BBS CH-R's at the moment and think they'd look good on the DTM and give it that motorsport look.

Liking the look of the stance and the colour of the wheels.

Mine need returning and I'm wondering what colour to go for. Might get all 6 wheels done. However I'm falling in love with BBS CH-R's at the moment and think they'd look good on the DTM and give it that motorsport look.

And the DTM wheels dont give it a motorsport look? when they were copied from the DTM racing cars and lots of rally cars have the same type of wheel, also OZ racing went and copied them and they have a similar look to the original quattro???

And the DTM wheels dont give it a motorsport look? when they were copied from the DTM racing cars and lots of rally cars have the same type of wheel, also OZ racing went and copied them and they have a similar look to the original quattro???

Although I like the DTM wheels I do prefer less Spokage as they are easier to clean and in my opinion look aesthetically better.

Have had this discussion lots of times and a DTM without the original wheels would take something away from it however I don't have the budget for replacements so they are staying.

Although I like the DTM wheels I do prefer less Spokage as they are easier to clean and in my opinion look aesthetically better.

Have had this discussion lots of times and a DTM without the original wheels would take something away from it however I don't have the budget for replacements so they are staying.

Just saw a set on ebay up for grabs fully refurbed with nearly new tyres for £695

they are original DTM alloys. hopefully i can get to see these today so i can see what they tyres are like

Not new to the forum but new to the B7 section (previously been in the B5, B6 and 8L sections) so started with a 1.8T B5 Quattro, went to a B6 1.8T Cab then a S38L and i just picked this up on Saturday.

My first B7 and it had to be a quattro and a 2.0T at that so what better way than to get straight in there with a DTM.

Its a high miler with 158k but service history with notes or 2 belt changes, turbo, clutch and flywheel, cam follower and hpfp replaced but for 4k i think its a bargain.

Few niggles here and there but il sort that out in time

Only pic i have but you may have seen it on auto trader.

ABAF2172 C1FB 4131 B88C AB47E3DF013C

Reactions: WozzaAK and DieselJake
Hi all, might be the wrong thread to post this in, but
I've seen a really nice condition DTM come up for sale near me, I don't know the reg so I can't history check it but it's got 115k miles on for £6,500. Are they worth it? I'm absolutely in love with the car but I've spent waaay too much on mine for maintenance, are they better for that than the diesels.

Many Thanks,

Need your help guys!!!

TLDR; I need to find the correct stock springs for my A4 DTM.

Chassis No: WUAZZZ8E88A801088
Engine No: BWE043658

Here's the long story:

I began my DTM Saga in January 2017. I purchased a reasonably-priced low-mileage car which had some modifications including Eibach lowering springs. I drove the car as is for a few months but as I live in the Philippines (where roads are far from immaculate), I decided that I wanted to return the car to its original ride height.

Whenever I would provide my chassis number to local suppliers, they would give me the part number for REGULAR non-S Line A4 Springs, so I thought that it might be next to impossible to find the stock parts. In the meantime, I really couldn't live with the absurd ride height any longer so I bought and installed a set of secondhand B7 springs. That proved to be a huge mistake -- my car would bounce over even the smallest bumps, and the ride was crashy and nauseating. Needless to say, I learned a lot about spring rates as I scrambled to find a solution to my worsened predicament.

Thankfully, I found the Parts Request section on this site, and I got the part numbers for front and rear springs:

Front springs - 8E0411105EJ
Rear springs - 8E0511115FN

Using the part numbers, I bought a pair of Suplex springs for the front, and had them installed right away. This improved the bounciness a bit, but the car was still undrivable as the rears made it feel like I was driving on a spring mattress.

A couple of months later I purchased a set of rear Lesjofors springs from another supplier. I had them installed earlier this week and picked up my car today. Before I left the shop, my mechanic told me that the rear felt perfect, but the front bounced a lot over bumps. That was a bit of a surprise for me, as I thought that the Suplexes had fixed the problem, but I brushed it off thinking that it might just be how S Line springs felt. When I got back on the road, it did indeed feel like the bounciness had returned -- far from the stiff ride I expected from sports springs.

Full disclosure: I purchased my front springs from the US, and they arrived out of the box, as I had asked my girlfriend's mom to carry them in her luggage. I have a sneaking suspicion that the seller shipped the wrong springs, which I was unable to verify. I also suspect that even though they were advertised as sports springs, the Suplexes were not as stiff as stock DTM or S Line springs should be.

My plan now is to buy a pair of Lesjofors front springs from the second supplier. Seeing as they rears felt perfectly fine on my car, I am guessing that the fronts will ride the way they should. The rears also shipped in their boxes and they were correctly labeled as for Audi S Line models.

BUT, I'd just like to make sure before I pull the trigger. Just a few questions:

1. Are the part numbers provided to me correct? If not, could anyone help me get the right ones?
2. Would it be good putting my faith in Lesjofors?
3. Are DTM springs the same as S Line Springs? I have yet to get a definitive answer on this.

That will be all for now. I'm a bit disheartened right now, as after over a year of ownership, I have yet to be able to drive my car in its proper state. Any help and leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey boys. Anybody know what a thick intercooler will fit in the DTM bumper ? many many thanks

78B5951E C76C 403E 9309 8B68E254F06C

C8860A9F 406C 466C B4DD 63236E5F726C
707800AE 0B16 4212 81DB C2DD569717C8

Finally got the air ride on

What you guys think

Last edited:
Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7
Looks good Sunny! Miss my DTM, sold it a few months back now.

If anyone is interested in 034 Motorsport Decat I have one for sale.

This is My DTM

The actaul thread publisher owned this car before me.
Hats off to him Made a great job.

FULL VALETR44DTM
SIDE FULL VALETR44DTM

That looks awesome and perfect plate.

Reactions: markmac89
Anyone want to sell me their front lip spoiler? :frown new: