DTM register / owners thread

IMG 6466s

Ok I know I said I'd post more earlier. But I promise I've got a good excuse..

I might have bought another one :sunglasses::laughing:

Perfect spec car for me

Reactions: Bradderz_1988, Rob Avant, Sidrick and 1 other person
Hey guys! Picked up a DTM back in January!
Fully standard, or at least it is now I've put the original steering wheel back on
Got the usual rust on the front arches which sucks and my rims could do with a refurb but thoroughly enjoying the car just not the MPG
IMG 20230408 152111

Reactions: tr7, Gmac and Charlie Farley
Hi all, new to the forum. Have just purchased a 56 plate black Avant that is completely standard. It's the Special Edition which I'm not sure if that means it's the DTM. It's the 220bhp version - unfortunately not Quattro. Has done 138K with one owner from new. Absolutely loving it. Would love to get it re-mapped, but not sure what the pitfalls are with age and miles etc. I'll post some pics later, but as I said, completly standard. Would love to de-chrome, black RS grill and do a complete Maxtons kit, lower, intake and remap. Have a new-born so don't really want to go mad on the exhaust.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Welcome to the forum.
The 2.0tfsi Special editions are not DTM's , but do share a few parts such as the BUL 220 engine, front brakes and other parts in either format 2wd or quattro.
DTM is a Saloon variant only.

Lots of options out there for your car, enjoy, but keep in mind owning an older B7 such as these can become a drain on the wallet very quickly.

there is a section in this B7 forum for Avants pics etc , but we all love our cars whatever variant it is so just start a thread .

Reactions: MaximOD
Thanks for the advice Charlie, really appreciate it. I'm going to check the classifieds out for parts. Just out of interest, will an RS4 ARB fit the fwd or is it quattro compatible only?

Cheers

It will fit just fine, a very good upgrade with a noticeable effect.
sadly not a cheap retro fit these days but can be if you source a good used one.:icon thumright:

Yeah I read they were a great mod on this thread, just wasn't sure about the FWD fitment. Shall start scouring the classifieds/ebay for one.

Have you got a build thread? Really intrigued to read it all.

Cheers

Max

Hi all, new to the forum. Have just purchased a 56 plate black Avant that is completely standard. It's the Special Edition which I'm not sure if that means it's the DTM. It's the 220bhp version - unfortunately not Quattro. Has done 138K with one owner from new. Absolutely loving it. Would love to get it re-mapped, but not sure what the pitfalls are with age and miles etc. I'll post some pics later, but as I said, completly standard. Would love to de-chrome, black RS grill and do a complete Maxtons kit, lower, intake and remap. Have a new-born so don't really want to go mad on the exhaust.
Probably a plan to start a new thread in the B7 forum with details and about your car, your plans for it and pics.
Were all like-minded B7 owners in the forum and always here to help out, some of us are probably a tad OTT with our cars , myself included,but hey, thats not a bad thing.
Enjoy it.

rob

Hey man, sorry I meant have you got a thread of yours? Want to give it a read.