DTM Questions.

Hedski

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purchased an A4 DTM and am wondering about ride height and suspension settings. Seems the arch clearance is greater at the front by quite some way (up to 20mm). At least that's how it appears, the car does however sit level overall but I think a more aggressive stance would be better.
Does anybody know if this is correct and if not what spring / adjustment options there may be to drop 15-20mm.

Also is Pipercross the only panel filter available and what experiences owners of DTM's have had of remaps.

Many questions, so few answers.

Thanks,

H

Dont the DTMs use the S-line springs which are 20mm standard?

Im changing my springs on my s-line for some eibach 30mm, will give me a subtle 10mm drop and should sit right i think.

Ye Dazmo DTM use s-line springs so 20mm lowered as std as he says eibach or H&R should give the car a small drop I wouldnt go to far as you could wreck the handling !
DTM is same engine as any 2.0t so any 2.0t remap will do the job for you and give you about 240 -250 bhp.

Don't bother with springs - save up & get some stainless steel coilovers - then you can adjust to your taste :)

You won't regret it & it'll cost about the same in labour to fit.

Gracias for the replies. If I go with Eibach on the front will they be much stiffer and cause understeer? They seem to give the ideal 10mm drop.
Ta.
H

Gracias for the replies. If I go with Eibach on the front will they be much stiffer and cause understeer? They seem to give the ideal 10mm drop.
Ta.
H

Once mine are fitted ill let you know what their like, they are not that much stiffer mate but they are much better quality than the standard springs and do give the perfect 10mm drop.

Im also having the RS4 rear anti roll bar fitted so that should make a massive difference aswell.

DTM engines (as well as special edition) are part tuned by Audi to 220ps. So you will see a smaller increase in bhp and torque... up to the same as mapping a std 2.0tfsi... ie both map to the same.