DTM or 2.0T FSi Special Edition

Dawsey

Reaction score
Hi

Newbie here and am looking for some guideance please?

I have a new addition to the family coming soon and need to sell my 987S as three does not go into 2!!!

We also have an A3 S Line but to replace the Porker I was thinking of either the DTM or 2.0T FSi Special Edition in saloon form.

Can anybody guide me in the right direction please?

Is the DTM worth it?

Would an Avant be better?

Diesel?

Thanks
Dawsey

PS if anyone is after a 987S let me know

Hello

I'm new here too, I've got a 56 plate 2.0T FSI Quattro SE, I'd def recommend it, I've been nothing but impressed, I had an A3 1.8T Sport before and whilst this was good my new car is something else. Not had/driven a DTM but IMHO you can't go wrong with the 2.0T FSI SE, that's until you see and S4!!!

I love my A4 Avant S-Line 2.0T FSI Quattro, but I'd love the DTM for its more aggressive looks.

Welcome and shame about the Porker...

DTM's are quite pricey, for what you get.
A remap costs £350 and will give you more bhp. I appreciate there are some styling differences and different discs, but that's about it I think...?

Better value get the TFSI SE and with some choice mods, will look nicer, IMHO.

Thanks for your thoughts and advise guys, very useful.

It is a real shame about the Porker but I have sorted this by picking up a Atom in May knowing it keep the smile on my face!

Cheers
Dawsey

I have a DTM, in Silver. It stands out from the 2.0T FSI a lot more, and the Recaro interor is quality. If you put the two next to each other, you'll pick the DTM, for the sheer looks alone. There are only 250 in the Uk too!
Perhaps i'm a bit biased!!:thumbsup:

i jus bought a 06 2.0t fsi sline quattro special edition phantom black and i luv it! had the choice of the dtm, luv the dtm interior, luv its rear bumper and side skirts but the fron bumper doesnt do it for me at all! fog lights are hiddin behind the mesh! kinda silly design, luv the whole sline kit tho! really works! the two leather seats are better that good enough for me!

both cars are same bhp spec etc! both very fast, wee remap an ur sittin in bomb lol

There isn't any fog lights behind the grilles! Just for air flow to intercoolers.