DTM kit for Avant?

B19PPH

Reaction score
Can you fit a DTM rear bumper from a saloon to an avant?

Cheers

Nope. Well, not without some major custom work. Never seen one done, someone needs to do it!

Think your thinking about the white Avant. He hasn't done the full conversion. Just the front and sides. Theres not been anyone on either here or Audizine whos done a custom DTM Avant rear. Someone needs to do it!

On the same sort of topic here, would the regular DTM front and rear bumpers fit on a 2.0tdi S-Line 170 without modification or would I have to make some changes to the grille and exhaust tips?

the DTM uses a se grill not S-Line (slightly shallower) so if you want to use the S-Line grill the bumper would need moding - the best example of this i saw was on BEZ's A4 superb job the rear is a easy fit but as u said the exaust will need changing

my memory says urs has twin tail pipes both on one side so you would need to swap to twin exit one either side you could prob get away with one but there will be a gaping hole were the other should be

hope tha helps:arco:

get me the dtm rear and your avant bumper and ill have it you fitted as tho it was made for your avant

the DTM uses a se grill not S-Line (slightly shallower) so if you want to use the S-Line grill the bumper would need moding - the best example of this i saw was on BEZ's A4 superb job the rear is a easy fit but as u said the exaust will need changing

my memory says urs has twin tail pipes both on one side so you would need to swap to twin exit one either side you could prob get away with one but there will be a gaping hole were the other should be

hope tha helps:arco:
thanks for the info, I was analyzing a few pictures and guessed it would have to be a non s-line grill. I have a 170 special edition, so one single exit on either side, so I think I might be able to get away with a new round tip on each exit.

thanks for the info, I was analyzing a few pictures and guessed it would have to be a non s-line grill. I have a 170 special edition, so one single exit on either side, so I think I might be able to get away with a new round tip on each exit.

ahh ur lucky there then only thing is if your single tips are like mine think they are 90mm and the DTM tailpipes are 110mm i think so your tail will look a lil small for for the cut outs in the bumper but that an easy fix you could have a custom exaust maker replace just ur tailpipes rather than most of the system should save you a good few quid :salute:

ahh ur lucky there then only thing is if your single tips are like mine think they are 90mm and the DTM tailpipes are 110mm i think so your tail will look a lil small for for the cut outs in the bumper but that an easy fix you could have a custom exaust maker replace just ur tailpipes rather than most of the system should save you a good few quid :salute:
You're perfectly right there in terms of having to get the tips replaced. But because my SE is the 2.0TDi, the pipes are downturned and I'd have to get the tips changed before bought I put the kit on otherwise it'd look ridiculous haha