DSG Questions

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
Hello.
I was going to get the oil and filter changed in my 6 speed dsg box and have read that a pipe or tube needs to be replaced at the same time, where is this little pipe or tube located?

I have also read that the 6 speed dsg is a wet clutch setup, does this mean that the clutch plates are submerged in oil? (not a mechanic lol)

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I don't think I will do it myself then lol. Why did they choose a wet clutch, is that better than dry?

Make sure that the filter is changed as there have been cases where that hasn't been done, the tube you are refering to is the special VAG tool used to fill it with the new oil - VAS 6262 A-

Paul

Ok, I guess the easiest way to make sure the filter has been changed is to mark the position of the filter housing before it goes in? I could also clean around the filter housing as they will probably spill some oil when they change the filter so I should be able to see the spillage if they change it and none if they don't?

That or ask them to leave the old one in the boot in a plastic bag.

Paul

They should do, it's your filter even if you pay them to put a fresh one in.

It's not a problem of the dealers not changing it when you pay them to do it. It's the fact that you take it in for a DSG oilchange/service and they just change the oil and leave it at that (happened to me last year).

You need a special tool to remove the drain plug from a DSG box. No point in changing the oil without the filter. In my opinion a wet clutch gives a smoother take up, last longer and does not over heat. It enables the clutch to be smaller for a given power transfer as well.

Still trying to get used to the dsg box but getting their slowly lol. Is it best to let the car change down gears when in tiptronic mode or should you do it yourself. Also will the kick down function work in tiptronic mode or is that just for auto mode?

thanks