DSG QUESTION

stugolf

Reaction score
I love my DSG and its as smooth as silk but when on the move about 40-70mph with my 3.2 DSG just maintaining speed in "D" I notice my rev needle is moving up and down almost hunting for another gear? Is this normal? I can't feel the revs moving and its very slight and still very smooth

Does anyone have an answer to this? thanks

Sounds odd. In theory, if your road speed is constant but your engine revs are changing, the DSG clutch must be slipping.

The gearbox is almost brand new, as it was replaced under warranty last year, its only done 7k miles, its a strange one only happens in 6th gear and all the gears change perfectly, plus just noticed it only happens below 60mph

urm this wouldnt be the mechatron would it, MattAndrew changed his from problems with the gears, I assume still under warranty, have you had it scanned for any codes thrown?

Its been VAG-COM'd and its thrown up no error's at all, it seems normal when you drive it, only when you look at the rev counter it moves ever so slighly, when you engage sport it stops, and revs smoothly to the redline

Well its hard to explain but the rev needle moves about 100rpm (100 not a 1000) slowly up and down, with no particular rythym, doesn't happen at tickover only around 2k rpm and when you accelerate its solid right round to the redline

:unsure: - confused.

Where are you based mate? - if its in the south east, you're more than welcome to have a ride in my car for a comparison.

It's certainly not something that mine does, as with GarethB if your in the South West I'd be happy for you to see mine for a comparison.

(opens up betting on where stugolf lives :))

I can also cover the east yorkshire region pretty much every other weekend.

Thanks for the kind offers guys, I'm based in the north west unfortunately, it is very strange and doesn't effect the cars performance at all, when you put it in S mode the revs rise and don't budge!!

There must be a DSG owner in the north west that can assist Stu on this issue?

This thread has got me really confused and needs a resolution.

Its a strange issue and without looking at the dash you would never know, it changes gears great in auto or Sport, the only other issue I've had is when I'm coming to brake I can feel the car going down the gears slight surge under braking? I have heard this is normal

I will check tonight it deos only seem to happen under very light throttle, I assumed if it was the clutch it would be worse under load

Perhaps it's the rev counter that's faulty!!

It could be, I've just noticed the car slight surging when it gets to 2k revs so maybe its worth Audi checking

mine has the exact same symptoms ... ? slightly annoying me, like you say its when you are feather-ing the throttle. I find on occasions my idle to be rough too. Its as if its starved of fuel ever so slighlty. I'm always wonder if its worth changing the temp sensor which everyone talks about .... ? not sure where it is tho ....

Its a weird one, sticking the boot down its fine smooth as a babys bottom but on occasions !! when you cruising along the rev counter will blip from its position ever so slightly ..... these audi's are suppose t be super relaible :whip:

Hi
i have the same issue... does not happen all the time but when it does it is annoying.. you can be driving doing 60 and it will start reving for no reason.( it is as if it is confused of what gear to engage) click down a gear and it is fine. only happens when the revs r low.
I have had the speed sensor changed in the gearbox but this has not cured the problem. Car is an A3 3.2v6 dsg

Well Audi have diagnosed the problem as a faulty Mechatronic Control Unit in the Gearbox, luckily due to the car having a replacement gearbox last year its still under warranty otherwise I was looking at a £1,790 bill! Its booked in next month, Audi have assured me its fine to drive until then

Thats the worst news as my A3 is out of warranty being a 2004. Looks like she'll have to get sold :(

Had high hopes for my A3, DSG NEVER AGAIN !!!!:mad:

I reckon its a trip back to a trusty golf, same car i know but i have better luck with them !