DSG question

alphaj12

Reaction score
First post as newbie to Audis

Looking for an A3 2.0 tdi probably although would be open to other models. Started to see a few with the DSG box and it's peeked my interest. Any thoughts on reliability of it and any signs to look out for on a test drive.

Thanks in advance

I think as long as they are serviced at the right intervals they are a good reliable gearbox.

Cheers, fancy a change from manual if the right car comes up for sale.

Any other comments welcome, how are they to drive etc if used to manual for twenty odd years.

Had my 2.0 tdi DSG A3 (2004) now for a week and done around 500 miles. It's an amazing box, esdily eats up the miles and great fun in sport mode. The torquey engine suits the box perfectly in my opinion. Obviously can't comment on reliability just yet!I would definitely recommend it, gear changed are seamless and not like a traditional automatic.

Previously I viewed automatic gear boxes as the work of the devil, I'm now a convert with both our cars being automatics. My DSG gearbox has now done 123,000 miles with no problems. Gear changes are as quick and smooth as the day I bought the car with 33,000 on the clock. Make sure the gearbox oil has been changed as recommended.

Previously I viewed automatic gear boxes as the work of the devil, I'm now a convert with both our cars being automatics.

This seems to be the common view of the majority of people that have got DSG.

Think I'll be going for one with DSG when I get rid of my A3.

Previously I viewed automatic gear boxes as the work of the devil, I'm now a convert with both our cars being automatics. My DSG gearbox has now done 123,000 miles with no problems. Gear changes are as quick and smooth as the day I bought the car with 33,000 on the clock. Make sure the gearbox oil has been changed as recommended.

What is the recommended change period?

This seems to be the common view of the majority of people that have got DSG.

Think I'll be going for one with DSG when I get rid of my A3.
You can add me as one of those converts! I've driven many different makes of Auto (I used to deliver cars for a living), but this is the first I've owned and I'm loving it. If I have a choice I wouldn't buy another manual gearbox car ever again.

What is the recommended change period?
39-40,000 miles for the Oil & Filter change. Audi wanted £300 for the pleasure, so I went to an Indi and paid half that last month. The invoice had the Oil alone as £70+ which bumps the overall price up.

A modern automatic is how gear changing is done in the 21st Century. It's a Playstation generation thing!

if you get the DSG oil changed during services it can be even cheaper especially if they allow you to bring your own oil.