Facelift DSG Oil filter fell off

Josht

Reaction score
well after 3 weeks of waiting im collecting the S3 tomorrow from audi while on the motorway i noticed plumes of smoke coming from underneath the car , the oil filter on the dsg box cam loose and the transmission oil was burning up on the exhaust obviously i didn't know this until i stopped and found oil everywhere in the engine bay. The gearbox was on 3 week backorder, i would advice people to check for this issue on their S3's may be a potential recall fault ! all works being done under warranty and im awaiting an explanation tomorrow apparently the failed gearbox was immediately sent to Audi HQ to be inspected.

the car is a facelift s3 dsg 15000 miles on the clock

Well that sure doesn't inspire confidence! Let us know what they find if they report anything back to you.

Reactions: oli356
well after 3 weeks of waiting im collecting the S3 tomorrow from audi while on the motorway i noticed plumes of smoke coming from underneath the car , the oil filter on the dsg box cam loose and the transmission oil was burning up on the exhaust obviously i didn't know this until i stopped and found oil everywhere in the engine bay. The gearbox was on 3 week backorder, i would advice people to check for this issue on their S3's may be a potential recall fault ! all works being done under warranty and im awaiting an explanation tomorrow apparently the failed gearbox was immediately sent to Audi HQ to be inspected.

the car is a facelift s3 dsg 15000 miles on the clock

Get them to check the foil backed sound proofing behind the engine too. When my gearbox went at 7k miles there was oil everywhere, gearbox replaced and car returned. But then had oil spots on drive, the sound proofing had absorbed the oil and as engine got hot it started to drip. Steam cleaned engine, under trays and replaced sound proofing.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk