DSG OIL & FILTER CHANGE VIDEO! DIY EASY

Loads of vids on youtube give good advice not too scary a job few pointers I learnt

DSG filter can be removed without removing battery just remove the air intake, 24mm socket with universal adapter gets it off. Leave it off while filling the DSG box. I used bottom filling method with filling hose off eBay. when box is full refit with new o ring torque to 25Nm.

Hose like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Filling-...m=273096961940&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

fill with the supplied oil kit, I got 6 litres in mine. drill a small hole in each of the 1 litre bottles to make it flow quicker. took around 30 mins to get all six in. make sure the snorkel is in the sump before attaching the filler hose. 8mm allen for the snorkel 14mm allen to remove the sump plug.

oil kit like this check right one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-SPEED-...909246&hash=item3f62debbe0:g:AkMAAOSwu4BVs1pN

When full run the engine with the filler hose still attached but the intake replaced.

Use VCDS to check oil temp, on channel 19 in auto module.

Whilst oil is warming run the box through each position and hold for 3 seconds each time so from park to R wait 3 then N wait 3 etc, then back up again to Park. I did this a couple of times to make sure made a few weird sounds the first time through, made sure the oil was all the way in the the clutch packs.

When up to 35 degrees removed the filler tube and let oil run out as this is the excess bit scary but wait for the flow to slow to a trickle and refit the new sump plug. torque up to 45Nm and your done.

Just posting to say thanks for this guide wouldn't have attempted if I'd not read this thread!

I also found I could get in without moving the battery box even with a stock air intake, just removed a small piece of the pipe

KuBF8.jpg

18-19mm ID hose is ideal for top fill method - just did it today and worked a treat with battery staying in place.

Hi Guys, going to attempt this this week, few questions.

4.5 or 4.7L of oil?
Do you need VCDS as I don't have it?
Once filter removed, fill G/box with oil, then I read don't fit the filter but start the car up is this correct?

Have read a few different methods and peoples DIY's and its all abit confusing

Cheers Gys

4.7 litres suggested by others and is what I poured in - I cycled through the gears as described before driving.
Definately fit the filter and cover before strating the engine!
Stuart

4.7 litres suggested by others and is what I poured in - I cycled through the gears as described before driving.
Definately fit the filter and cover before strating the engine!
Stuart

Hi mate cheers for that.

So 4.7L put it all back together, start the engine run through all the gears, P/N/D/R/S hold it in each for a few seconds, let the oil cycle around for abit then take it for a spin?

Hi, i'm wanting to do mine in a couple of weeks could you please give me the link for where to get the dsg oil from and the part numbers Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG

Many thanks
will :)

Hi,
My A3 2010 is fitted with a DSG LSS 7 speed gearbox the car has covered just over 40k.

I am thinking about an oil change but cannot find a lot of information.The method is not the same as the earlier DSG...?

Any help please.

Sorry guys.... Old post this.
My A3 has s tronic gearbox code( PBF)
Last s tronic service was 38k cars now on 106k.....tps told me i need 6.9 litres of oil..... Reading here and other forums i need around 4.5 - 5 litres..... Can anyone confirm how much i need?
Audi want £155 for the oil..... But ive seen dsg oil on euro car parts for £80 for 5 litres.
Or any where else you guys recommend getting oil from?
Im filling from the top as its easier.

Just purchased this, the guy rang technical who confirmed that this is compatible with my car, dual clutch 6 speed semi transmission
Tried uploading pics, as always..... Always says file too large on this site.

All different mine takes 6.9 litres of oil, tps and audi confirmed them figures, also ive had oil from elsewhere and even they confirmed 6.9 litres.... So i assume all boxes have a different capacity.

Just done a service and used this, genuine company and Febi products, kit included 6L of fluid, filter/o-ring, new gearbox sump plug and washer
£52.50 :rock: