Q5 DSG Oil Cooler Leaking Internally??

Arkious

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We have not long got our 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line, but the car began to kangaroo forward when coming to a halt and occasionally when reversing.

The car has 50k on the clock which is low mileage for its age, and was purchased from a Citroen dealership as it was a part exchange. The car was taken to them with the issue and they booked it into Audi who have said the oil cooler has leaked water into the box which has contaminated all the oil and clutch plates. Is this a normal thing to happen? If water has gotten into the box won’t that have damaged the mechatronics unit? They have quoted £3000 to repair thus far.

Just wanting to get some information to ask the garage whilst it’s in bits

Just had this happen to me. My symptoms aren’t as bad as yours, but they performed a glycol test with the same outcome as you. I’ve been quoted for a new radiator and clutches. $9k AUD. What ended up happening with yours?

New radiator, clutches, pipework and filters as well as a complete flush and oil/coolant flush.

To be honest its still not 100% but I believe that might be down to the emission fix software causing mayhem with clutch control so were going to get that reverted. We were extremely lucky that the garage sorted it out for us as we hadn't had the car long at all but its performed the same since the repair was done 3k miles ago. Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks for the reply, I’ll talk to them about the software. It will get down this week, hopefully it pans out. Not really happy about the whole situation.

Reactions: Arkious