DSG Issue

Palooza

Reaction score
Hi I've been having a small issue with my DSG.. its a bit strange as it doesn't always happen but i'll try and explain.

I think this is more when the car is cold... I think anyway, its very hard to get it to do it again.

Well anyway, say i start my car up to go home from work, I'll drive and get to say 30mph and be stuck behind somebody going 27mph causing the car to slow down, it will stay in fourth gear, the issue is that it like jolts back and forward, and the revs drop by like 50-100 revs, but the car doesn't change gear, its like it tried to then decided to change it's mind. I've noticed in fourth and possibly third but it's so random when it does it ect its hard to tell. It happens maybe once a day if that.

I did have some fault codes, but once cleared they've NOT returned..
2 Faults Found:
18258 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1850 - 000 - Missing Message from ECU - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Reset counter: 26
Mileage: 100493 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.02.15
Time: 01:02:50

18097 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1689 - 000 - Implausible Message from Elect. Load Controller - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Reset counter: 26
Mileage: 100516 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.02.17
Time: 16:07:41

2007 2.0 TDI DSG BKD A3

Anybody have any ideas what is it? Or is it normal and I can just ignore it?

Gearbox isn't due a service is it?

Last edited:
I have seen that people do a DSG reset am not sure if thats what you need but I guess its an option

Did it a good 5 times in a row through all gears earlier, but in the rev range of 1300-1800, I've tried a reset with vagcom, but not worked. Where can i check for an update?

The box hasn't been serviced with me as I got told it had a box refurb last year which should of meant new oil?

Well when I bough the car I had phoned the service stamps up to check what the car had done as I knew it was about cambelt time ect and they said they remember the car as the gearbox was chattering last year and it had to be recovered and the gearbox had to be refurb'd, not sure what they're definition of refurb is though.

If Audi, refurb work may be covered by warranty.

Reactions: Artimus
Apparently it was Audi according to the service garage, but when phoning up they have no record of it :/

DSG issues are generally expensive to fix, that's why they "have no record" of them carrying out the work! Push them to honour the warranty or pay a couple of thou yourself ...I know what I'd be doing.