DSG Gearbox rattle in reverse

Ben!

Reaction score
So in short. Just had the S4 stage 2 work done. Car has developed a nasty rattle at low rpm in reverse. Box shifts and operates as normal. All advice welcome.

Mine does this, I think it’s the propshaft bearing rather than the gearbox.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask how you came to this conclusion so I can check myself. Have you had it sorted?

Ok so the car has been into my local indie. They cant find anything loose nor can they replicate the noise on the ramp. It will only do it under load in reverse at low revs. Any advice welcome as I'm starting to panic its gonna be a box out job!

The car has been to another garage who were able to replicate the noise. They say its coming form the back of the gearbox and sounds as though something hasn't engaged properly. Can anyone shed any light on this before I spend a lot of money having the gearbox torn apart.

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR
The car has been to another garage who were able to replicate the noise. They say its coming form the back of the gearbox and sounds as though something hasn't engaged properly. Can anyone shed any light on this before I spend a lot of money having the gearbox torn apart.
Ben, what was the outcome of this? It seems like a very uncommon issue. I'm heading to milta tomorrow to see what they can do. Did your issue get sorted? Thanks