DSG Gearbox Problem

blodderz

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all my car is a 2005 A3 TDI DSG 140 and has done 70k miles. Anyway today when stationary in 'D' my car has started trying to pull away unless I keep my foot very hard on the brake, Its a noticeable difference as before I didn't have to keep my foot no where near as hard on the brake, if not the car starts to jugger as if it was about to stall.

Anyone had this problems before?
I was possibly thinking of finding somewhere that can service a DSG box.

Thanks,
Andy

Has the car been services as per the service schedule?

When was the DSG last serviced?

Not sure, no indication in the service book of when it was serviced. I've only owned the car for 3weeks.

I took it to a garage and they said they had a similar issue with a Jaguar, the bloke got his gearbox serviced and all sorted. Thats why im thinking do I get it serviced just to make sure?

This it sounds to me like its 100% the clutch my missus who has a 2010 A3 had the exact same problem if you took your foot of the break it would start to roll quite fast unless i/she held her foot on the break in addition when accelerating from 1>2 and 2>3 the car would judder really hard before properly engaging.

Luckily for me the car was still under warranty. None the less i have encountered nothing but problems with both my own car and her car both bough from new in 2010!

This it sounds to me like its 100% the clutch my missus who has a 2010 A3 had the exact same problem if you took your foot of the break it would start to roll quite fast unless i/she held her foot on the break in addition when accelerating from 1>2 and 2>3 the car would judder really hard before properly engaging.

Luckily for me the car was still under warranty. None the less i have encountered nothing but problems with both my own car and her car both bough from new in 2010!

Mine doesnt quite sound the same as yours as my car wont roll fast when I take my foot off the brake, and I dont get any jugger between any gears, all very smooth etc.

If it's a 2005 model, then try adaptation using VCDS.
It's not good for the box to drag like this as the small clutch plates will overheat/wear out.

Does any body know wether its safe to leave it in D at traffic lights? Cause every time I pull up at lights I ask myself?!

Normally at stops you don't need to chage into N. Only if the stop last more tham 2-3 minutes.
Did you noticed if the engine revs are higher than before? I'm thinking that if the engine idels at ...950 instead of 830rpm, than the gearbox woud consider that you're accelerating thus engaging the clutch.

If waiting at the lights its fine to leave it in D, any longer I tend to put in N.

I have a 55 plate DSG on 83 and all I have is a bit of rattle in neutral which I suspect is flywheel but its not in my cars history either its booked in warrington audi next week

I didnt have any history on my DSG, so I got the oil and filter changed along with the normal service. It drives alot smooth through the gears now.

YES! It is a common problem. Very annoying!
I usually hear it when I leave it roll to a stop. If I break hard(er) There is no clunk.

I didnt have any history on my DSG, so I got the oil and filter changed along with the normal service. It drives alot smooth through the gears now.
odd question but have u had a convertible m3 a while back? Swear I saw your number plate on one outside a very famous fast food chicken shop in hanslow a few years back?