DSG DMF differences

Rodney5950

Reaction score
what are the implications of fitting an LUK DMF to a car that originally came with a Sachs DMF?
i ask because i just had my DMF done last month and went back to the garage this weekend and they said the DMF is ********?

In manual cars it's best to use a Sachs DMF with Sachs Clutch plate and LUK likewise, there can be issues mixing them.
With a DSG car you aren't changing the clutch so I can't see it being an issue if LUK specify that part for your car.
Are you sure they have installed it correctly ?. I would have thought it would be difficult to wreck a DMF in a few weeks.
Unless it's a different issue.

As said as long as LUK DMF is with LUK clutch or Sachs DMF with Sachs clutch all should be fine regardless of what the original part was. Both are OEM makes for VAG.

I didn't know Sachs made a DMF for the DSG, would like to know how the prices compare! I know Euro car parts sell LUK DMFs for my car (2005 2.0 TDI DSG).

after further looking around seems there is no Sachs DMF for the DSG, i have contacted Euro Car Parts about this part and havent heard anything back yet, hoping i can return it.