DS Window mechanism broken?

VTEC_Killer

Reaction score
Seems like the mechanism on the driver side window is messed as the electric window won't go up or down.

I had to manually push it to the top; the motor does seem to work as I wirls when pressing the button but looks like the window has popped out of the unit.

Any suggestions on what the issue is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

It's not too bad a job. Get yourself a window regular, strip the inside panels off and bolts then lift the top half off the door out and replace. Most important bit is to mark around the top of the window regulator positions as you they need to be in the same position when replacing.

Google the job first, there's a few how to's on you-tube and make sure you've got the right tools for the job.

Reactions: VTEC_Killer
Ive just done it , and its a bitch if you change the cable (which is what i did), complete setup is far easier but expensive, if you buy the repair kit MEASURE the outer cabling , 1 is 10mm to long and makes the job a nightmare until you figure the problem out then its not so bad , but you will use every swear word in the book and i invented several new ones, replacing motor is easy but its usually the cable, if you cant hear anything happening when you press the button check door wiring where it runs from the a post to the door, if you hear a nasty crunching when you press the button its the cabling.

Reactions: VTEC_Killer