DRS Stage 1

Russrs3

Reaction score
For anyone interesting in the tuning of a GPF model RS3...
I took mine into DRS Tuning in Derby today for a stage 1 tune. They are just up the road from me and offer a stage 1 with dyno package and being a family run business they appealed to me so took the plunge! I had considered REVO after positive comments on here but my local dealer didn’t offer before/after dyno and I really wanted to see the actual gains I was paying for.
It put out 391hp on its stock run and 483Nm so only just down on the quoted 395hp.
After a couple of hours of tinkering and three more runs on the dyno the DRS guy was happy with it and it was putting out 460hp and 647Nm.
I haven’t had much chance to test it out yet as it’s all busy dual carriageway back home but I will be putting it through its paces in due course!
As an added bonus I now have some additional pops/burbles which I’ve missed since owning a 2015 PFL! It also raises the Rev limiter to 7500.

Attachments

• 76B50549-8C70-4348-BDF4-BE5C237C62CC.jpeg
    76B50549-8C70-4348-BDF4-BE5C237C62CC.jpeg
    971.3 KB · Views: 364
Reactions: RS03???, BI33, jimojameso and 4 others
For anyone interesting in the tuning of a GPF model RS3...
I took mine into DRS Tuning in Derby today for a stage 1 tune. They are just up the road from me and offer a stage 1 with dyno package and being a family run business they appealed to me so took the plunge! I had considered REVO after positive comments on here but my local dealer didn’t offer before/after dyno and I really wanted to see the actual gains I was paying for.
It put out 391hp on its stock run and 483Nm so only just down on the quoted 395hp.
After a couple of hours of tinkering and three more runs on the dyno the DRS guy was happy with it and it was putting out 460hp and 647Nm.
I haven’t had much chance to test it out yet as it’s all busy dual carriageway back home but I will be putting it through its paces in due course!
As an added bonus I now have some additional pops/burbles which I’ve missed since owning a 2015 PFL! It also raises the Rev limiter to 7500.

Let us know how it feels when you open the car up

Those increases should make a massive difference

Ceros what springs you are running? Ride high looks superb. Lovely looking car there. Hope you are happy with your results :)
Thanks mate, just stock suspension though. Other than a cete controller this is the first mod I’ve made.

Oh, looked quite low there, must be the rollers and being under load. Did they code your valves to fully open in sport/dynamic? If so I can sell that controller and offset the cost of the tune :)
Yeah they did but I like the controller for the quieter cold starts and it saving the drive select and auto start/stop when I turn the car off

Start-stop can be coded out too, and you can put your car in comfort when you park it :). But fair enough.

putting it into comfort still does not disable the loud and/or cold start. The cete controller allows a quiet start under all engine re-start conditions

Reactions: Russrs3
MRC mapped out the cold start rattle on mine. It also doesn’t hold the revs high for the first 30 seconds or so. It also starts in dynamic if left there.

The OPF cars are very difficult to map correctly and there is a lot of bad tuning out there that we have had to rectify recently - if figures are accurate then that's some great results :)

The OPF cars are very difficult to map correctly and there is a lot of bad tuning out there that we have had to rectify recently - if figures are accurate then that's some great results :)

Wouldn't trust you to tune my car anyway lol

Reactions: Drewsus, 8YARWY, George Jetson and 1 other person
Agreed, been told some right horror stories about that place.:sadlike:

ha exactly, when you hear from multiple sources some of it’s bound to be true.
Seen their insta with flames coming out the back of RS3s etc, clearly tuned with zero longevity in mind and tuned irresponsibly. Not a chance I’d use them

Reactions: Naylor92, George Jetson and 8YARWY
Had a blast last night and this morning... it feels more responsive and there’s more urgency (the best way I can think to describe it) through each gear. It’s clearly/obviously quicker and the extra slab of torque is really noticeable and puts you in the back of your seat under heavy acceleration.
The power delivery seems similar to stock, which is what I wanted, there’s just more of it! So I’m pleased with how it drives and deliveries the power.
I also have the welcome return of pops/crackles/burbles when in dynamic, it’s constantly at it on the downshift and when you lift of the throttle... reminds me of my 2015 PFL

Reactions: Walternate
Seen their insta with flames coming out the back of RS3s etc, clearly tuned with zero longevity in mind and tuned irresponsibly. Not a chance I’d use them

Not sure what horror stories you have heard?

When you are doing 4-5 5 cylinders a week their is bound to be someone out there that is upset about something. All of our cars are live tuned on our 4wd maha msr500 rolling road and no cars leaves with more than -3 degrees timing pull across more than two cylinders at one time. We have not had any failures. We have several stage 3 cars out their running in excess of 600hp and some close to 700hp on the stock engine with strict stock ecu torque management keeping the rods in check. We also run our RS3’s flat boost with wastegate rattle, cold start patches and map switching options etc. Our tuning is absolutely safe and designed with longevity in mind. We currently own a CZGB and DAZA development car with a DNWA on the way. So why don’t you enlighten us all with the horror stories you have heard and I can have some input :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Russrs3
Not sure what horror stories you have heard?

When you are doing 4-5 5 cylinders a week their is bound to be someone out there that is upset about something. All of our cars are live tuned on our 4wd maha msr500 rolling road and no cars leaves with more than -3 degrees timing pull across more than two cylinders at one time. We have not had any failures. We have several stage 3 cars out their running in excess of 600hp and some close to 700hp on the stock engine with strict stock ecu torque management keeping the rods in check. We also run our RS3’s flat boost with wastegate rattle, cold start patches and map switching options etc. Our tuning is absolutely safe and designed with longevity in mind. We currently own a CZGB and DAZA development car with a DNWA on the way. So why don’t you enlighten us all with the horror stories you have heard and I can have some input :)

Would hate to add more fuel to the fire, as I think you’ve already been in enough trouble as it is lol. The fact a few people have liked my comment within only a few hours is maybe proof enough that your business/maps are questionable. Not a particularly great reputation to have given your business is so new.

Said information has come from reputable and multiple sources. Credible, unlike some :whistle2:

Reactions: Marshy, George Jetson and 8YARWY
Would hate to add more fuel to the fire, as I think you’ve already been in enough trouble as it is lol. The fact a few people have liked my comment within only a few hours is maybe proof enough that your business/maps are questionable. Not a particularly great reputation to have given your business is so new.

Said information has come from reputable and multiple sources. Credible, unlike some :whistle2:

Ofcourse you have absolutely nothing to back your claim against. You know nothing about me or my company. I’ve been in the RS3 tuning scene for long enough and have achieved many world firsts on this platform and that speaks for itself.

Ofcourse you have absolutely nothing to back your claim against. You know nothing about me or my company. I’ve been in the RS3 tuning scene for long enough and have achieved many world firsts on this platform and that speaks for itself.

was that the 1 you left in Italy? Lol

Reactions: George Jetson

Is that what this is about?

I was involved in an accident on my first RS3 pre fl when it was 1 month old in Italy back in 2016. Italian police seized the car and auctioned it off to the uk and charged us with “suspicion of racing for money/reward” which was a bs charge. After 10k in lawyer fees, losing the full car and 8 months in court I was given a 9 month suspended jail sentence which would go away with no mention on national or international penal records after 5 years if no further crimes were committed. Car had around 10k of mods on it at the time and was the first stage 3 car in the uk. I was 18 and that was probably the shittiest time in my life. But now I look back and find it hilarious, find it even funnier that people like you feel the need to bring this topic up and act like I crashed your RS3.

I came home and was fortunate enough to get another RS3 and have been fortunate enough to own 3 since then. If laughing at other people’s misfortunes makes you feel better then aren’t you a catch, but as I said you know nothing about me or my company so quit the slander attempts.

Reactions: domino_z and BI33
Is that what this is about?

I was involved in an accident on my first RS3 pre fl when it was 1 month old in Italy back in 2016. Italian police seized the car and auctioned it off to the uk and charged us with “suspicion of racing for money/reward” which was a bs charge. After 10k in lawyer fees, losing the full car and 8 months in court I was given a 9 month suspended jail sentence which would go away with no mention on national or international penal records after 5 years if no further crimes were committed. Car had around 10k of mods on it at the time and was the first stage 3 car in the uk. I was 18 and that was probably the shittiest time in my life. But now I look back and find it hilarious, find it even funnier that people like you feel the need to bring this topic up and act like I crashed your RS3.

I came home and was fortunate enough to get another RS3 and have been fortunate enough to own 3 since then. If laughing at other people’s misfortunes makes you feel better then aren’t you a catch, but as I said you know nothing about me or my company so quit the slander attempts.

Slander lol. I think you doth protest too much. Absolutely no interest with what happened in Italy, don’t know you and don’t care. It’s to do with your questionable tuning from what I’ve heard. I wouldn’t use you given what I’ve heard. That’s it.

Reactions: 8YARWY and George Jetson
Slander lol. I think you doth protest too much. Absolutely no interest with what happened in Italy, don’t know you and don’t care. It’s to do with your questionable tuning from what I’ve heard. I wouldn’t use you given what I’ve heard. That’s it.

So you admit your claims are full of hot air. I question what you have “heard” and you have absolutely nothing so you bring up my RS3 crash and then immediately pretend you have no interest in it. Have a good weekend ✌

Reactions: FBF01
Wouldn't trust you to tune my car anyway lol

Agreed, been told some right horror stories about that place.:sadlike:

Would you gentleman care to tell me what’s going on? Have you had your car tuned by this member?

Reactions: BI33
So you admit your claims are full of hot air. I question what you have “heard” and you have absolutely nothing so you bring up my RS3 crash and then immediately pretend you have no interest in it. Have a good weekend ✌

I’ve heard what I’ve heard, and I choose to believe it. Agree some of it could be “hot air” but it also might not be. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion and for me word of mouth means a lot, hence why I used the tuner I did.

I mentioned Italy, vague as hell and you go chapter and verse on it. 95% on people here wouldn't have known what I was on about

Reactions: Marshy and George Jetson
I haven’t no. I was merely stating a fact that I’d get my car tuned elsewhere
So you think it’s acceptable to have a go at another member. You have had your car tuned else where, but come on here and have a go at another member. Not acceptable

Reactions: BI33, jimojameso and FBF01
So you think it’s acceptable to have a go at another member. You have had your car tuned else where, but come on here and have a go at another member. Not acceptable

Not having a go at all. It’s a forum and I’m merely stating I’d go elsewhere. Am I not allowed to say that?

Reactions: Marshy, George Jetson, 8YARWY and 1 other person
This thread got SPICY

Reactions: Naylor92, 8YARWY, Russrs3 and 2 others
Sorry @FBF01 I get on with you really well, but @Aoon_M in my admittedly limited experience has always been spot on. Extremely knowledgeable and helpful on this forum, especially in the early days, and had the drive to set up his own business which I commend.

Let’s all look after each other :icon thumright:

Reactions: BI33 and FBF01
FBF01 you’re an absolute fkwit bloke

Stir **** up than back pedal hard when called out

People like you set this platform back

FBF01 you’re an absolute fkwit bloke

Stir **** up than back pedal hard when called out

People like you set this platform back

lol very good, not stirring anything up nor back peddling. Going by with what I’ve heard, and as I said, some may be true some might not be. I also said I wouldn’t use him. End of. Now jog on peewee

Reactions: 8YARWY, wuta3 and (deleted member)
Do you know if they will run anything on the rollers, might have to call in sometime to see what figures I’m getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if they will run anything on the rollers, might have to call in sometime to see what figures I’m getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they do, just need to book in :icon thumright: