Drl to LED

Burf

Reaction score
I’ve had a drl go down on my b8 Audi want 180 for the bulb is a swap to led a better option or can anyone assist in where to buy one at a more reasonable price please.
Cheers

£180 thats expensive :sadlike: what year is your car.
Must be a cheaper option on ebay or similar.

What DRLs do you have currently? Do you have the halogen (yellowish) bulbs or the LED light strip?

I've been looking into this myself.
Seems like a fairly easy job to swap the bulbs. Mine are still working fine but Id rather have a more white look than the halogen yellow so LED.

P13W are the bulbs required and to access these, the headlights needs to come out (fairly easy) and a couple of predefined holes cutting in the rear of the plastic. replace bulbs then seal up the holes again with silicone/rubber caps.

This thread will give you some more info:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a4-b8-drl-replacement-to-led.233121/

£180 for a p13 halogen bulb? That is HILLARIOUS!!! - The bulb is worth £2!

Are you sure they are not quoting you for a completely new Headlight?

As for replacing the bulb, replace it yourself with a LED. It's quite a common mod and very easy DIY job

Cheers for the info. Will definitely do it myself. That was not for a headlight that was the bulb and then he said I’d have to book it in for fitting. I think it was a halogen bulb. I was too busy laughing at him to pay much attention but he may of said it was gas would this be different?