DRL led and H7 main headlight halogen

den911

Reaction score
Hi , I have just replaced my DRL(side light) with LED and they are fine with no errors and a nice clean white however what I would like to know is it legal to drive with a led sidelight and a H7 main headlight halogen .the DRL was pretty straightforward to fit but I do know the main headlight especially the passenger side can be a bit tricky willing to have a go if I can get a direct replacement LED ..TIA ..

Hi , I have just replaced my DRL(side light) with LED and they are fine with no errors and a nice clean white however what I would like to know is it legal to drive with a led sidelight and a H7 main headlight halogen .the DRL was pretty straightforward to fit but I do know the main headlight especially the passenger side can be a bit tricky willing to have a go if I can get a direct replacement LED ..TIA ..
I had it for years in my 06 plate A3. (The Netherlands)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 with Tapatalk

Reactions: den911
I've replaced my DRLs with Osram LED versions (had issues with unbranded Chinese ones regardless of price and whether they used cree bulbs) and been through several MOTs. Many new cars today (e.g.) little French hatchbacks come off the production lines fitted with LED DRLs and normal halogen headlights.

Reactions: den911