Drl/coming Home

The switch shouldn't have any effect on the coming home lights and drls. That would be buried in the comfort module. There is an aftermarket one that looks similar but has a box in line that does it...

I've emailed them. But not holding my breath. I thought maybe there were some relays or bridged pins, etc in the switch that enabled it, but it looks standard to me. Probably poor translation as it is a German company.

Email back from the company and they do seem to be insisting that installing this switch will activate DRL and coming/leaving home lights. But as above they are German so I'm not 100% convinced that there might be some miscommunication.

Any thoughts/speculation as to whether this could be legitimate would be appreciated...

Thanks!!

I don't have DRL's. My understanding from the limited information on this product is it turns the fog lights on when the ignition is on like on Canadian/Australian models, but that's just a guess based on the very sketchy information from the vendor in Germany.

Had this reply from the eBay listing

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your message and your interest in our products.

The item fits Audi A6 S6 RS6 Allroad 4B/C5 models (1997-2005).

The switch supports following functions:

- fog lights (an upgrade means that you can mount the fog lights also later on your car)
- coming leaving home (it is necessary that your car has already this module)
- DRL (yes, it can directly be connected to the unit)Please always include previous correspondence which helps us to serve you better and faster. Thank you.If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards,