DRL bulb replacement

Athers

Reaction score
I've been getting an intermittent bulb fault error on my 2012 A6 Avant on one of my DRLs and now the warning is becoming much more frequent. I've heard it's a sign the bulb is on its way out. Can anyone help on which replacement bulb I need and also point me in the right direction of any how to guides to change this over?

Thanks
Athers

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It's probably the starter module. The head lamp unit is prone to cracks and subsequently water ingress. This corrodes the module and causes faults. does the unit suffer from condensation?

OP does not say if he has Halogen or Xenon headlights (Xenon only became standard on SE version with the facelift). If he has the Halogen headlights then there is no starter module it uses a combined mainbeam/drl bulb

OP does not say if he has Halogen or Xenon headlights (Xenon only became standard on SE version with the facelift). If he has the Halogen headlights then there is no starter module it uses a combined mainbeam/drl bulb

Unfortunately that is not true. I have a b8.5 facelift SE and it still has Halogen bulbs.

b8.5 is the A4 not the A6 which uses different headlights.