DRL’S

Pro-cookie

Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade the sidelight bulbs on the Audi for LED’s and I keep coming across DRL bulbs for the B7. I didn’t think they had DRL? I know mine certainly doesn’t unless I’m missing something? Also what bulb figment is the sidelight bulb?

my old bus has DRL's from the factory, very naff yellow light colour aswell, i changed to some led drl bulbs which looked brill but sadly they were unreliable and prone to errors , ended up refitting the standard drl bulbs.

Why do some of the B7 range have drl’s and others not? Is it down to the spec model? I have the sport line special edition with literally no fancy bits lol. No heated seats no electric seats no folding mirrors no heated mirrors no sat nav no dimming mirror clearly no drl’s no fancy stereo no halogens. So what’s special edition about that lol. Also what figment are the side lights and could I use the drl bulbs for side lights?

Unfortunately thats Audi for you! However you do have heated mirrors, all b7s do that funcrion with the heated rear screen.

Only the factory bi xenons have DRLs but VCDS does have an option for "halogen with DRL" although nothing changed when i played with the coding.

Luckily if you do fancy some more factory gadgets you've come to the right place, theres many retrofit guides on here if you want to upgrade your b7

Reactions: Charlie Farley
However you do have heated mirrors, all b7s do that funcrion with the heated rear screen.
I didn’t know that,
Yeah I would like to add some factory extras I just don’t know where to start lol. Maybe electric folding mirrors with indicators in the mirror don’t know if that was an option or even a thing lol. What type of side light bulb do they use?

The good thing with the DRL's on B7's is that they are switchable so use them when you fancy.
From B8 they are permanently on.

♂️ So I’ve been and looked at what type of side light bulb I’d need and noticed the high beam bulb floating about so I tried to clip it in, those damn h7 bulbs are a pain! I couldn’t work out if the tab went up or down? Either way round it wouldn’t clip. So I gave it a bit more force and pushed the whole Inard out so now it looks like I just need new headlights.

How easy is it remove the headlight lense cover? Is it clipped on or lots of glue? Thinking I may try stripping it down and fixing the inside see if it clips back in.

How easy is it remove the headlight lense cover? Is it clipped on or lots of glue? Thinking I may try stripping it down and fixing the inside see if it clips back in.
They have a few clips that come off easily then heat it evenly with the Mrs hair dryer along the seems and slowly pull off the lens working round, i also re used the glue just warmed it back up again and its sealed nicely, first time I've removed headlight lens before, i heard horror stories and oven jobs ect but i done mine in about 5 mins with the hairdryer, didn't even need a heat gun so id give repairing yours ago.

Totally off topic now, who do we get Club stickers off? Audi-sport-net ones.