Driving Your S3 / A3 At Speed = Twats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prominent thing that people are rebelling against here is the original 'poster' being so damn right argumentative and insulting...yes we have risen to it and yes all our thoughts (im sure) are with this family, i have no doubt....

DBX cannot be excused for his manor in which he approached this though, nor can it be used as an example to prove what a set of chavs we are allegedly becoming.

I can assure you that any 'race's' by me are not conducted in dangerous circumstances(or as dangerous as they could be), yes it isnt the safest way to go about your business but there is a certain level of stupidity that can be used when 'racing' other cars, i dont beleive that anybody on here has never gone against another car, be it on the motorway or A road....the difference now is that you have a group of people that dont mind talking about it..... i think there may be 1 or 2 people on here who would be willing to drive like a tosser to get ahead of another car, i for one am not one of them and as such do not wish to be labelled so. Expensive car or no expensive car, i can see your point, although don't agree with it fully as no matter what car i owned, i would still be curious as to what it can do. But yes in certain circumstances are car type becoming more available will at some point fall into the hands of a reckless idiot

You may be right but there is a potentially hidden danger here! Look at what the police are asking for, people who saw the car before the crash to come forward.
Imagine one of your safely conducted "races" with someone else who is playing ball, you have your fun, for all to see, then both slow up and driving totally leagally and safely, run some kid down in the street when he's chasing his footie. All the cars you two just shot away from racing, come on the scene, kid is toast, and your only witness is the guy that you were just racing with for all to see..........No skid marks cos of abs, all the cops here is people saying you were racing a few miles up the road, (which is itself an offence on a public roadmay I remind you so dont ever use that word ("racing") with plod!)
Imagine how easily they would build a case against you.!?!?!?!?

All I mean is the consequences of having a play out there can be worse than you can ever imagine.
Everytime anyone in a distinctive car or otherwise drives slightly away from the boring norm, we all take a risk in doing so.

You may be right but there is a potentially hidden danger here! Look at what the police are asking for, people who saw the car before the crash to come forward.
Imagine one of your safely conducted "races" with someone else who is playing ball, you have your fun, for all to see, then both slow up and driving totally leagally and safely, run some kid down in the street when he's chasing his footie. All the cars you two just shot away from racing, come on the scene, kid is toast, and your only witness is the guy that you were just racing with for all to see..........No skid marks cos of abs, all the cops here is people saying you were racing a few miles up the road, (which is itself an offence on a public roadmay I remind you so dont ever use that word ("racing") with plod!)

All I mean is the consequences of having a play out there can be worse than you can ever imagine.
Everytime anyone in a distinctive car or otherwise drives slightly away from the boring norm, we all take a risk in doing so.

yes indeed...some might want to have a read here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=442266&i=0

especially '10 pence short' story about his own 'safe' speeding.

and how he ended up

thanks simch, you said excatly what i was trying to say. sure i admit the way i was coming across was not in the manner that the guys on here can listen to but im glad your of the same opinion that boasting about how ur car can rip up some other car on the road isnt clever. sure its gonan give you a smile an satisfaction that you bet some guy, but was it worth it when ur just slowing down and a kid runs out onto the road and you kill them?

anyways just to clear things up, im 34, not a chav, does my car look chavy? im dating a traffic officer so i hear almost every week how she has to go to some poor persons house to break the news there son or daughter is dead through stupid driving. knowing when she breaks the news, she can see the heart break in there faces.

so feel free to slag me off for what i said all you like. just maybe one day u`ll spare a thought for the dead persons family that was killed by a speeding driver.

oh and its funny how your all sympathetic towards smich`s comment because he`s got first hand knowlege of this. even though he and i have to same opinion albeit ive said it in a not so audi sport appreciated way.

maybe if id have not posted this DISGUSSION, and posted how i raced a astra gsi and beat it. then you show more respect. tut tut

maybe if id have not posted this DISGUSSION, and posted how i raced a astra gsi and beat it. then you show more respect. tut tut

Its stupid lines you say like this which make me think your still digging your own grave, you see what you dont seem to understand is that saying stuff like this make you seem like a very immature/childish man and thats most probably why you have been putting up with alot of grief lately. Fix up.

I'm getting sick of your ******** now DBX. In many of your posts you're trying to cause trouble in one way or another and it seems that you contradict yourself on a regular basis. You started this thread to cause trouble and try and get '1-up' on a few of our forum members; too bad it backfired eh? There is absolutely no need to insult people like you have done, you're such a brave little man when you're hiding behind your computer monitor aren't you? I just hope that one day you meet one of us and see what we have to say [or do] to you. :nunu:

Also on a sidenote, I think you need to take note of the sticky thread 'Use of the English language', as your spelling and grammer is atrocious. You sound like a Chav and have just made yourself look a complete ****.

I'm getting sick of your ******** now DBX. I just hope that one day you meet one of us and see what we have to say [or do] to you. :nunu:

You sound like a Chav and have just made yourself look a complete ****.

way to go man. threats and insult.
rule breaking?
"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

arguing1.jpg

btw it not a monitor its a laptop. cool i spelt it right too. :nyah:

thanks simch, you said excatly what i was trying to say. sure i admit the way i was coming across was not in the manner that the guys on here can listen to but im glad your of the same opinion that boasting about how ur car can rip up some other car on the road isnt clever. sure its gonan give you a smile an satisfaction that you bet some guy, but was it worth it when ur just slowing down and a kid runs out onto the road and you kill them?

anyways just to clear things up, im 34, not a chav, does my car look chavy? im dating a traffic officer so i hear almost every week how she has to go to some poor persons house to break the news there son or daughter is dead through stupid driving. knowing when she breaks the news, she can see the heart break in there faces.

so feel free to slag me off for what i said all you like. just maybe one day u`ll spare a thought for the dead persons family that was killed by a speeding driver.

oh and its funny how your all sympathetic towards smich`s comment because he`s got first hand knowlege of this. even though he and i have to same opinion albeit ive said it in a not so audi sport appreciated way.

so your saying what i said in this quote is ******** too. ok you win.

Yep, "spare a thought for the dead persons family that was killed by a speeding driver"
No, **** for brains, drunk driver, how many times???

Can we have our old forum back please where at least the arguments were intelligent and entertaining. This is like having a debate with someone with alzheimers!

yeah that pic ent a gonna do you any favours bud,this thread is just stupid,can we please lock it.and next time try to leave a poor disabled kid out of your stupid arguments..:end_of_discction:

To keep the stupid pictures going....

I thought of you DBX, when i did this earlier

s3sped.jpg

P.S. is any of this worth reading?

160+ in a diesel? Photoshop?

Also DBXdarkangel if you want a rational debate about the perils of speeding and what not, please put it in legible English with passable grammar and with a certain hint of diplomacy so people might take you more seriously and therefore be more inclined to give their opinions rather than steer insults towards you for acting childish.

P.S. is any of this worth reading?

...nope, just spent too long reading this stupid thread. If anyone has come straight to this post, don't bother to read this thread from the beginning.
I used to be on a vauxhall forum :)blush:) and almost every post was about technical issues and people helping each other out. Sure there was some banter but it was in the general discussion section. Isn't this forum called A3/S3 Forum?????

For starters the accident is another tragic loss of life.

seconds this should be in the general chat section as A3/S3 have no bearing on the accident. Yes a Audi was involved but so was a man and I dont see any womens lib here.

Speed kills....... Fact. There is a time and a place for everything, we all probally are guilty of doing excess speed at the wrong times but this guy sounds to have gone beyond most ppls limits.

im very surprised that this thread is still open, DBX is still coming back to make himself look like a ***** and even more surprised that hes not been banned from here yet. Yet again he's bang out of order by posting up "that" pic, thats an absoloute disgrace imo. DBX is on here for 1 reason only, to cause trouble. What usefull input has he given any members? Ban the chav, end of.

I appreciate what your saying Simch and totally agree with the higher risks involved, in my defense i have 3 bypass's on the way home from work, all with long straights with excellent vision...no im not invinsible and yes there are additional risks to driving normally, but we ALL have exceeded the limits at some point....id love to hear from someone on here that hasn't. Please don't take this as a supportive argument, however i still stand by that there is a time and a place, that time may give you a better chance to assess a risk than others

but we ALL have exceeded the limits at some point....id love to hear from someone on here that hasn't. Please don't take this as a supportive argument, however i still stand by that there is a time and a place, that time may give you a better chance to assess a risk than others

done it before...and again until I read this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...1&t=442266&i=0

and how his car ended:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/10PenceShort/DSC00298.jpg

when there was no traffic BUT witnesses did come forward and told the police that he was speeding before the accident and driving dangerously (in their opinion)

you can see and assess a risk forseeable to you only...if you read that story above, you will notice that he could not have forseen that his car would come across/block the road and a biker (from the opposite direction), who wasn't speeding, was left disabled because of that.

and check about witnesses' statements:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=442266&i=240

and who police believed and how they used evidence from an internet forum to strengthen the case against him

Status
Not open for further replies.