driving without roadtax..!!

arressfree

Reaction score
can you believe it...
picked up my car from audi stealer early may. paid up £450 for road tax on the day... they cant let you drive off the forecourt without it... only to check today and found im still untaxed. i pursued this two weeks ago and was assured it was sorted out as “there was a problem at the post office”. Got someone dealing with it now but what would happen if i got stopped by blue...

You'd think if they were insisting they'd be doing it online too, bit dodgy how they insist you have it but send it in the post so you don't technically have it yet :blink:

Its down to you to ensure the car is taxed when you take it on to the highway, and why would a dealer go to a post office to tax it....something amiss somewhere.

Its down to you to ensure the car is taxed when you take it on to the highway, and why would a dealer go to a post office to tax it....something amiss somewhere.

thats exactley the point. I would have gladly taken care if it had they not invoiced me for road tax. The post office excuse is poor and I will be pursuing this further.

Your car would be taken off you and you would get a fine and not having tax possibly makes insurance nil as well .
Have you contacted the dealer boss of the company that owns the garage to complain ,Also contact dvla as they should have details I would asap as you cant drive the car as it stands .

,I don't think its fair the scum who drive without road tax and insurance and drugged up or ****** get a piffling fine ,They should get fined the costs of the tax and a fine as well .Sorry rant over .

Your car would be taken off you and you would get a fine and not having tax possibly makes insurance nil as well .
Have you contacted the dealer boss of the company that owns the garage to complain ,

,I don't think its fair the scum who drive without road tax and insurance and drugged up or ****** get a piffling fine ,They should get fined the costs of the tax and a fine as well .Sorry rant over .

Finally, I have road tax. Spoke to the dealership manager on friday, who continue to talk .s...t.. with comments like: Well it happened because I wasnt here during handover and that he ended up paying for road tax out of his own pocket.. yeh yeh blah blah... all irrelevant after ive been breaking the law for the last month with potential nasty consequences as outlined in the last post.

Anyway, all sorted now... and the moral... double check everything in your court and theirs...
thanks for the support people..

Reactions: DieselJake
............same thing happened to me 2 years ago. Collected mine & when I paid the balance of the money gave them enough to also tax the Vehicle. Handover came & I assumed as I had left them the money all would be good. 2 weeks later D.V.L.A. letter arrived informing me the car was untaxed!!!!!. Played f**K with the dealer who most apologetic & a huge oversight on there part etc. F**king bad for a main dealer who can't have a new car ready to straight out for the customer.

Mines a little different , bought my old Leon back it was about 8pm in the evening , but did it online (or so I thought) paid in full etc then drove home believing it was taxed.
Parked on the road next day and it got clamped !!, Spoke to the dude doing the clamping said it was sorn , I said nope tax paid in full last night then realised I hadn't seen the confirmation email !.
Was told it was going to cost £260.
Checked with my bank no money had been taking out so phoned them where a lovely young lady told me the payment had been declined !!, No notification what so ever. Thanks Santanshiitier....
Phoned DVLA and paid over the phone, then phoned clamping company paid £260 but got £160 back.
Moral of the story Check **EVERYTHING** twice .

Reactions: Ghost
I envy people who get clamped, always wanted to cut a clamp off with bolt cutters and call the clamping company to ask if they want to buy it back.