Driving to France

aeroelastic

Reaction score
hi,

I am driving to France. Apart from getting those GB sticker, breath analyser etc. Do I need to put sticker on my headlight?

You don't need breath analysers a tourist. There's a whole list of other items you do need though, check on the AA website, you'll find all you need to know there.

yellow vests are a must
breathalysers are advised but are not yet enforced by law
you are required to carry license and insurance docs at all times and produce if requested, means of id too.
headlight stickers are needed
warning triangles also.

against the law to use anything other than in-car system for phone, ie no ear pieces, ear-phones, etc.

Don't exceed the speed limit, there are more and more speed traps and the police will hide to catch you out. If you get caught, you will be frog marched to a cashpoint at least, worse case car impounded. There is a lot less tolerance of speeding than in UK, but a lot more tolerance of generally abysmal driving.

Don't bother taking the highway code with you, everyone else leaves it at home...

I drove to Rome from Oxford in July and all I put on was the headlight stickers didn't bother with anything else.

I don't do anything or carry the suitcase of items required for Europe ever in 40 years of trips around Europe. All I take is the insurance certificate and driving licence. I don't condone my methods at all so do as I do.

So I spotted a UK plate Metallic Blue B7 Avant this week whilst on my way to work, on the A86 just next to Velizy, south of Paris, maybe on the way to the A6 heading south

aeroelastic by any chance??