Driving to France. Hi Vis?

rickparmar

Reaction score
driving to Paris tomo in the S5

I’ve bought some breathalysers, bulb kit, GB stickers for the number plate

But I thought the car would have Hi Vis vests in the boot.

Does anyone know if the car has these?

Also anyone got any tips or any info driving in France?

No, hi viz is not a standard accessory. Tip wise every frog will wanna race you.

Reactions: rickparmar
Ah that’s annoying. I’ll have to buy some in the morning

Haha.

My S5 had hi vis in the boot along with a first aid kit, they were chucked in the side compartment where the amplifier for the stereo is in a black pouch.

Only issue I had in France was that you have to give way to cars joining from the right, even though you expect them to wait, they just drive at you.

Reactions: rickparmar and SRB93
Also make sure that they are accessible IN the car, not in your boot!

No breathalyzer required in France, they dropped the law a few years ago

Reactions: rickparmar and RS3 S.
Just don't get caught speeding, otherwise you'll be banned from driving in France all together (for a short period). And watch your car In Paris, it's more like Mario Kart, still fun though.

I’ve got hi vis in the boot in a black case - worth checking in yours.

Watch out for speed cameras - they have warning signs and then they’ll be facing you on the right hand side verge.

Also, variable speed limits if it is raining.

Also when paying for fuel, some require you to either pre-pay or set the pump to the amount you want to deliver

I’f you’ve a passenger with you it’s not too bad paying at the kiosk (a bit like Asda petrol stations) but if on your own you end up popping out of the car to pay at the booth.

I checked in the boot. No hi vis for me. I’ve just reserved some from Halfords

I heard I literally need to stick to the speed limits otherwise it’s a hefty fine.

And police like to stop GB drivers?

Will the dashboard convert from mph To Kmh when entering France

Reactions: SRB93
I got some in the rear door pockets (sportback), but unlike others I didn't get any top up oil.
Bit of a lottery with PDI and delivery I guess.

Drive was smooth. Bit of traffic in France which was annoying but overall a good drive
A0D16906 8D8E 4138 9B4D 29F524FAB3EC

I thought all Audi's had hi vis vests, certainly my A3 and now my A4 came with them...

I'm off to the Alp in Feb in the S5 and preparing already! purchased Hi Vis for Mrs and son, but I assumed there is one in the car already for me! I better check lol.

I have purchased a payage fob for the tolls and it's arrived and will finally get to use the roof bars that I hagged on delivery from dealer due to a couple of swirls on bonnet that they sorted also. (borrowing a roof box for snowboards).

Two question I have is snow socks instead of chains? I don't fancy the chains coming off and damaging body work!
also will I need 1 set of 2 being Quattro?

Hi viz vests have been in my last three Audi’s, A3/6/5.

Also you do still need a breathalyser we were in Lille this weekend and at Dover it was specified as a requirement on the LED displays as we queued.

Hope you enjoyed the drive French toll motorways are very good compared to the poor roads we have to suffer, not cheap but not overly expensive either.

Anyone traveling to France and wants a toll tag should follow the link from the Eurotunnel website

Reactions: BarryG79
I'm off to the Alp in Feb in the S5 and preparing already! purchased Hi Vis for Mrs and son, but I assumed there is one in the car already for me! I better check lol.

I have purchased a payage fob for the tolls and it's arrived and will finally get to use the roof bars that I hagged on delivery from dealer due to a couple of swirls on bonnet that they sorted also. (borrowing a roof box for snowboards).

Two question I have is snow socks instead of chains? I don't fancy the chains coming off and damaging body work!
also will I need 1 set of 2 being Quattro?

Re snow socks, better check what’s legally acceptable in the countries you’ll be driving in. My dad lives in Northern Italy and it’s chains or winter tyres only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone traveling to France and wants a toll tag should follow the link from the Eurotunnel website

That’s the one that we used driving from Italy back to the UK last March. Saved a lot of hassle at the tolls, wouldn’t do it without one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk