Driving License Renewal - Reminder D798

Geordie Mike

Yeee-haw
Reaction score
Does anyone know when I can expect to receive this? My photocard license expires in December this year. However, as I live in the states, it takes a while for the redirection to get to me. I was wondering how much notice I'll get on this one? The DVLA website isn't exactly clear on this matter.

Cheers,

Mike

just get the form from dvla website and renew that way

a month before...that is when I got mine

Yup, got mine last month, got a photo, filled the form in and posted it off, got it back within 2 weeks with new photo etc

Just looked and mine is rather out of date!! Ooops, but i have never had a reminder, otherwise it would have done what it is supposed to, and reminded me. Trip to the post office me-think's

Just looked and mine is rather out of date!! Ooops, but i have never had a reminder, otherwise it would have done what it is supposed to, and reminded me. Trip to the post office me-think's

im sure you know, but driving with an out of date liscence makes your insurance void.

in answer to the question you can do it online earlier too if you want

If you've got any other entitlements on your license other than a car then do it early in case they 'accidentally' forget to put all your entitlements back on.
They only keep records for 10 years so if you notice they've dropped your bike license and you don't get back to them even a day after the renewal date they'll just say that you never took the test, and typically you can't prove it. Happened to my brother in-law, he managed to prove he had a bike entitlement and got it reinstated, but he is a serving police biker so had loads of documents to back up his claim.