Driving Licence Renewal.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Just renewed my drivers licence, as they need to be renewed every 10 years on the photocard id bit.(and it's a sign of getting old)

Basically, approx. 3 months before your licence is due for renewal, you will get an automated letter from DVLA with instructions on what you need to do, and the nearest postoffice to do it.

Just to save you a few quid, you don't have to take any passport photos yourself(like I did), as they now have these fancy digital photobooths that takes the picture of you, and they send the whole thing directly to DVLA via email and it take 7 days.

Just renewed my drivers licence, as they need to be renewed every 10 years on the photocard id bit.(and it's a sign of getting old)

Basically, approx. 3 months before your licence is due for renewal, you will get an automated letter from DVLA with instructions on what you need to do, and the nearest postoffice to do it.

Just to save you a few quid, you don't have to take any passport photos yourself(like I did), as they now have these fancy digital photobooths that takes the picture of you, and they send the whole thing directly to DVLA via email and it take 7 days.

Sweet, cheers for the heads up dude - passport photos aren't cheap either! lol.

I love passport photos. They're the only ones that I look human in.

goonies_sloth.jpg

You think that's human dude?

Anyway, speaking of pictures...i didn't think any existed of you. You're like the stig, avoiding photos and facebook swaps on here!!

I really don't mind either way, ha! I just realised that i have no idea...but then i guess i have no idea what about 98% of people on here look like.

The 2% of people that i do know should be very careful though!

Yeah you want to know! lol

But you're right, know one really knows what each other looks like, unless you go to meets.
There was an oooooolllldddd thread where people posted pics of themselves but it must be pretty out dated now.
Start another one mate. I would but i'd get called gay!

Yeah you want to know! lol

But you're right, know one really knows what each other looks like, unless you go to meets.
There was an oooooolllldddd thread where people posted pics of themselves but it must be pretty out dated now.
Start another one mate. I would but i'd get called gay!

I think the pics of gf's/ wifes thread suffice's for that! ha. Oh, and the 'who's the hottest woman ever on the face of the planet, ever' thread too...my new favourite.

Oh, and JoJo, if it's in general chat, you know it aint got a chance in hell of not been hijacked, haha.

ahhh, i had overlooked the internet kind! I was thinking water...i've never done it before, but always wanted to.

And JoJo, excellent advice about the driving license! (that was me attempting to bring it back on topic)

So Jojo, you are saying if you use the PO photobox wotsit it emails them picture direct?

Or have i misunderstood after reading loads of posts of randoms

So Jojo, you are saying if you use the PO photobox wotsit it emails them picture direct?

Or have i misunderstood after reading loads of posts of randoms

Yes, if you goto a postoffice that HAS a digital photobooth(you can check online for this), they can send your instantly taken pic(which you can can take more than once) directly to DVLA and speed up the process. Or they can still send it out by normal mail with a passport photo, and it takes 2 weeks.

Yes, if you goto a postoffice that HAS a digital photobooth(you can check online for this), they can send your instantly taken pic(which you can can take more than once) directly to DVLA and speed up the process. Or they can still send it out by normal mail with a passport photo, and it takes 2 weeks.

It's about time that they started using a bit of technology for stuff like this. Amazes me that they haven't had this before. If they have a member of staff at a post office to verify the photograph it will stop the need for countersigning of photographs etc. (i think) haha

It's about time that they started using a bit of technology for stuff like this. Amazes me that they haven't had this before. If they have a member of staff at a post office to verify the photograph it will stop the need for countersigning of photographs etc. (i think) haha

Well, now that you mention it, there's only one person in the whole office who is trained to do this, and you have to wait for him to do it. Luckily there was no queue when I turned up, but he did say that I wasn't the only person to bring passport photos when they are not needed. But you get raped for £20 by DVLA for you licence renewal, and the PO charge you £4.50 for checking the form over, taking your pic and sending it off(by email!) lol

You guys again! You make my day sometimes :friends:

Cheers for the heads up Joe - my opportunity to donate £20 to the DVLA dropped though the letter box this morning. I bet my local post office won't have this facility though!

Because I have Diabetes and have just had to start using Insulin injections I completed a form to tell the DVLA. They promptly wrote to me withdrawing my licence and issuing a new one that I have to renew every 3 years. My previous one was a photocard type and they did use the same photo for my new one. I suppose they assume that at my age I not going to change that much - just get a little more grey hair!

Cheers for the heads up Joe - my opportunity to donate £20 to the DVLA dropped though the letter box this morning. I bet my local post office won't have this facility though!

Check online buddy, I actually didn't goto the one listed in the letter, as it's out the way and I have to pay for parking, so went to one on the way to work.