Driving an R8 tomorrow :)

TomR

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm driving an R8 :)
Just a track day at Silverstone, which I got for christmas but have only just got around to doing.
I'm quite excited as you'd expect :)

Not even sat in one yet let alone driven one, First time on a track too :blink:

Last edited:
done a few of those now including the r8, awesome experiance but you'll find the instructor wont let you anywhere near the limits of the car

driven an r8, porsche, caterham and nissan gtr

would recommend the nissan out of the lot but the r8 had amazing brakes

You'll love it, I drove one last year and drove a Lamborghini Gallardo this year!

done a few of those now including the r8, awesome experiance but you'll find the instructor wont let you anywhere near the limits of the car

driven an r8, porsche, caterham and nissan gtr

would recommend the nissan out of the lot but the r8 had amazing brakes

When I went the instructor was good as gold, he kept pushing me and let me take it to the limit, didn't think it was possible to go around some corners that fast!

Yeah I was lucky, it was dry on both occasions. . I would be devastated if it rained!

When I went the instructor was good as gold, he kept pushing me and let me take it to the limit, didn't think it was possible to go around some corners that fast!

if hes telling you to go faster thats pushing your limits not the cars

i did this too, its real great, but 3 laps is over far too soon, you will enjoy it and teh instructor guy i had was real cool and just let me get on with it,

11052010654.jpg

Was about a week or so ago now,
but what a car :) Breaks were ridiculously sharp mind but you do get used to it after a while.
Drove a F360 on the same day too, But have to say I had more fun driving the audi :)

I just didn't want to get out of it at the end of the day but hey ho, I'll just keep putting my penny's in a jar until I can afford one :)

Glad you enjoyed it, its a must in my opinion for every car fan because most people aren't lucky enough to own such a car and get the full experience of one!

Glad you enjoyed it mate, did this a couple of years ago with the Lambo as well, I personally preffered the Lambo more, just for the reason that it had paddle shifting rather than normal gearstick.