Driveway wall protection?

Naresh

Reaction score
Having just had a driveway built outside my house does anyone know of any devices you can buy/use to protect your bumpers when parking up close to the house wall? My drive is fairly short and so space is at a premium and I'm looking to avoid those scrathes from poor parking attempts!

P.S. It's for my wife really, I don't have any problems parking touch wood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Either that or add parking sensors to the rear of the car??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

well my garage is very small, and my a3 fits reall snug (too snug) I always reverse in, and as 'm getting a new bumper I'm wanting to protect it from any scrapes etc. what I've done is got some sheets of foam. I'm gonna stick them to the back wall, so if i do go a little too far (which I don't coz I'm really paranoid about it anyway) it shouldn't cause any scuffs. I also plan to put a lump of wood down as a guide when my tyres hit to stop.

I second the idea about carpet, as I'm also going to do that! or maybe some nice laminate flooring - pmsl!

it's better to be safe than sorry with scratches that can be prevented dude!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah those are good ideas but whats the better looking solution for the front of the house which is always visible?

So far I'm using the brick lines as a guide so that when I rough line up my view of the top of the bonnet with a certain brick line I know I'm safe!

[ QUOTE ]
Naresh said:
Yeah those are good ideas but whats the better looking solution for the front of the house which is always visible?

So far I'm using the brick lines as a guide so that when I rough line up my view of the top of the bonnet with a certain brick line I know I'm safe!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm - the front of the house.....something that when the wheel touches ya know when to stop (but you don't want it to trip people up when the car's not there) or parking sensors could be the best idea as suggested before. there must be some sort of garden feature etc that would look nice and serve the purpose...

IF the front of the house is painted then the best thing that you can do is to add some POLYSTYRENE Tiles and paint them the same colour as the house. Failing that then just park the car where you want it as close to the wall as possible, place a piece of wood on the ground and then rawl bolt it to the driveway so that when the wheels touch it you are in the desired position!

My S3 has colour coded sensors in the bumper & after having them, I would not want a car without them.... they make parking in tight spaces sooooo much easier!!

I think they make sensors that mount on the wall, and I KNOW they make them for car bumpers (as previously stated), I was just referring to either one.

Also, take a look at this, maybe you could order it in the UK somewhere, or take advantage of the exchange rate right now and order them from this website. http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/m200.html

-Brad